Dawson, Bentley, and I just got back from a short trip to Tennessee for the weekend. John had to work, and so we made the trip by ourselves. This was my first time on a road trip with Dawson by myself, so I was a little unsure how he would do. Luckily, he did wonderfully! I really could not have asked for a 7 month old to do much better on a 4 hour trip alone by himself (except for the dog) in the backseat without much entertainment. On the drive up he only got fussy a couple of times and the same for the drive back. I decided to drive up for the weekend for my friend, Lauren's, engagement party. Dawson's Lolly and Pop kept him on Saturday while I went wedding dress shopping with Lauren (so fun!) at Wedding Wonderland in Knoxville. I love everything wedding, all the details, everything, so we had a great time looking at the dresses and discussing the details of her upcoming wedding in 2010. Then Saturday night Dawson got to spend a little more time with his Lolly and Pop and some time with his Nana and Grandad too while I went to the engagement dinner at Flemming in Turkey Creek. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see Erin and Ashlee, two of my other Sigma Kappa sisters, who will also be bridesmaids in Lauren's wedding. Sunday Dawson got to visit with his Nana and Grandad a little more and see his Great Grandmother (Mamaw).Before I knew it the short visit was over and it was time to pack the Jeep back up and head back to Huntsville. Dawson had a lot of fun getting to visit with his grandparents, and I enjoyed visiting friends and family. Just a few pictures below to share...
Above: This picture is not from the weekend, but a recent photo of Dawson. We decided to see if he was ready
to try sitting up in the sink for a bath rather than in his plastic
tub. He loved it! Unfortunately though that meant he got into
more stuff while trying to bathe him. I loved this picture though!
Above: Me with the bride-to-be at Flemmings.I will be the Matron of Honor!
Above: Me with the other Sigma Kappas planning to be in the wedding. Left to Right: Lauren, me, Erin, Ashlee.
Above: At Flemings with the other bridesmaids.
No comments:
Post a Comment