We've had a great week enjoying the wonderful weather we've had here in Alabama! It was in the upper 70's and even 80's every day last week, and so we took advantage of this wonderful weather by spending a lot of time outside. Dawson loves to go for walks and ride in his stroller, so we took him on a walk every morning last week. Bentley got to go too, of course. On Thursday, we took a really long walk and Bentley was exhausted so we let her ride in the basket under Dawson stroller and she stuck her head out the side as if she were in a car and rode down there. She's slightly pampered. :) Dawson loves the walks because he looks around and talks the whole time.
On Wednesday we invited some of Dawson's friends over for a playdate and an Easter party. This was the biggest playdate we've had at our house so far; there were 5 kids total counting Dawson. His friends Ethan and Austin (twins 20 months), Caroline (3), and Matthew (10 months) all came over to play, and we had a great time! I made some cupcakes and Dawson even got to have a few icing-free bites of a cupcake, and he, of course, loved it! Matthew and Dawson are only a few weeks apart so they are very much at the same stage; several times while they were playing they would stop and just point to each other's eyes, nose, or mouth. It was really funny to watch them interact!
Friday morning instead of walking in our neighborhood, we went to Creekwood Park which is fairly new and has fun things for kids of all sizes. Dawson had fun swinging, sliding, and climbing with John and I through the small kid play gym. On Friday evening we went over to a friend's (Steven and Kelly's) house to take our Easter pictures with their bunny, Fern! Our friends were so wonderful to take a million pictures for us so we could get the perfect one with everyone's eyes open and Dawson looking in the general direction of the camera (we took the pictures outside so there were a lot of distractions for Dawson). I ended up holding the bunny the whole time, but Dawson was very very interested in the bunny. He loves animals! I was thrilled to get a family Easter picture of all of us with Fern the bunny, and I really appreciate our very patient friends who spent their Friday evening taking pictures of us with their bunny!
Today for Easter Dawson and I were planning to go to church on our own since John works weekends, but John surprised us and was able to get away from work long enough to come to the Easter service! It was so nice to have all of us at church together!
Dawson still has just the two bottom teeth and isn't showing signs of cutting anymore right now (which is fine with us!). He loves being able to eat some form of what we eat. I made him pancakes several days last week, and he enjoyed feeding himself pancake. He still hasn't taken a step not holding on to anything, but he will stand up and let go of everything for a few seconds. This week we really think Dawson said "dog." Thursday afternoon he looked at Bently and said "dog," we're waiting for him to say it again. It was very clear and John and I were both very surprised!
I have posted some pictures below from this past week. Enjoy the pictures and have a Happy Easter!
Our family with the little Easter bunny.
I think Dawson looks like a little man in his
seersucker Easter suit!
year when we were dying Easter eggs.
Above: Dawson LOVED the bunny!
Oh, Dawson we said you should wear your
EASTER SUIT not BIRTHDAY SUIT! :)
Fern the Bunny when an airplane flew over and, of course,
Dawson noticed it.
1 comment:
Looks like we missed a great party last Wednesday. I'm glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment