Last Sunday, was my first Mother's Day! Last year Dawson was born just four days after Mother's Day and I remember hoping he would be born on the holiday with no luck! This year I got a great surprise for Mother's Day... John had to work the night shift the whole week before, and so he ended up being off work for the weekend of Mother's Day. That itself was a wonderful gift, because we all got to go to church and spend the day together! Saturday night (the night before Mother's Day) Dawson slept through the night (which is rare), and that was a great gift too! :) But Dawson and John did pick out a dress and purse for me and John gave me a very sweet card and a dozen roses. I've got two thoughtful, sweet guys! :) John also made breakfast for us that morning which was a nice treat! I had a great first Mother's Day! :)
If you're wondering what else we've been up to...
We've mostly been preparing for Dawson's first birthday and birthday party which I will write a blog about later this afternoon, but we have also been going on a lot of walks and wagon rides. Dawson still loves being outside even when it's 90 degrees, so we push him around the neighborhood in his stroller and he's perfectly happy to ride along and point to things for you to tell him what they are. He just rides up there happily kicking his feet. What makes him even happier than a walk in his stroller? A walk in his wagon! He has my old Radio Flyer wagon from when I was little (thanks to Pop for repainting the inside), and he would ride in this for hours! He loves it!
On Monday, Dawson had to go to the doctor because he was acting like he felt bad, and it turned out he needed some antibiotics. When we took him to the doctor one of his ears looked like it was starting to get infected. :( This was his first ear infection ever, so I guess we're luck he almost made it through the first year without one, but we're crossing our fingers this won't happen again for a while. After a couple of days on the antibiotics though he was back to his normal, happy self!
Also, at church Dawson officially got to move up to the walkers class which is made up of kids who are walkers up to 16 months. He loves being in this class, and recently, he has not been crying when I leave him there, and I haven't been getting paged to come pick him up early!
Other than these few things, we've been spending most of our time playing and preparing for Dawson's first birthday party. He has his one year check-up (I can't believe it) on Tuesday, so I plan to blog his current weight, height, etc. after his appointment.
Enjoy the few pictures below...
No comments:
Post a Comment