Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vacation Bible School & A Trip to Tennessee

It has been two weeks since we last updated our blog, and we have been very busy! June 21-25 our church had Vacation Bible School. Every year since we moved to Alabama I have wanted to volunteer for VBS, but ever summer I have had a conflict whether it be summer school class one year, and internship one year, or having a 4-week-old another year. Needless to say, when I realized I could actually volunteer for VBS this year I was excited, and I was even more excited when I learned that our church also does VBS for nursery age (under 3) children. So every day from 9-12:15 Dawson and I went to Bible School. I volunteered with 1 and 2 year old arts and crafts, and we made some cute projects. Each day Dawson's class had outdoor play time on the playground, story time, arts and crafts, and music. The first couple of days I left Dawson he cried and cried, but by the end of the week he was use to it and would only fuss for a short period of time! :) I think Dawson really enjoyed getting to play with other kids and participate in music time. I got the chance to look in his classroom a few times. I got to see him in music time playing a few different instruments and dancing. We had a wonderful time at VBS, and I am excited to do it again next year!
After a week of VBS Dawson and I packed up the car and drove to Maryville for the weekend. John had to stay home in Alabama to work, and we missed him a lot while we were gone. This was the longest John has ever been away from Dawson and the longest we've been apart since we were married. We left Thursday and returned Monday. We did get to talk John on Skype once though while we were there! :) The reason Dawson and I went to Tennessee was for me to host a bridal shower for one of my friends who I will be the Matron of Honor for in August. Friday was spent setting up for and preparing for the shower. Then the shower was on Saturday. Dawson got to spend a lot of time with his Lolly & Pop and Nana & Grandad while I was working on things for the bridal shower. His Pop and Uncle Logan even got out Uncle Logan's Cozy Coupe from when he was little. Dawson loved his Uncle Logan's Cozy Coupe so much that he got to bring it home. I think that Dawson got slightly spoiled by his Pop and Grandad carrying him around because he has been wanting us to carry him a lot since we got home! :) While Dawson was having fun with his grandparents, I had fun hosting the bridal shower and seeing friends I hadn't seen in a while.
On Sunday we all just relaxed and made a visit to Mamaw (Dawson's great grandmother) before Dawson and I packed up on Monday morning to return home to Alabama. We were glad to be home after being gone for a while, but we had a fun time in Tennessee.
This week John, Dawson, and I all enjoyed being at home together. John set up a "water park" in our back yard for Dawson and Bentley. He put the two kiddie pools (Dawson's and Bentley's) side by side and another splash pad beside it. John and Dawson played in the water park for a while, but I didn't manage to get any photos. Also, John got the chance to go play golf at Hampton Cove with a friend this week and had a great time.
As for a Dawson update, right now he LOVES to dance. He dances to everything...music, the washing machine, the fan, the dishwasher, everything! Dawson has also started walking around with his hands behind his back (which I am still trying to get a picture of). It's so funny to watch him walk that way. Dawson is a lot of fun at 13.5 months as his personality is really showing now, and he loves to play.
On Monday Dawson's Lolly will be coming in town to stay with us and help with Dawson while I have some oral surgery on Tuesday morning, so Dawson will love the extra attention this week. For now, enjoy the pictures below...

Above: Dawson at Bible School.
Above: Dawson hanging his Bible School artwork on the fridge.

Above: Dawson hanging his VBS artwork on the fridge.


Above: Dawson holding the Treasure Chest
he made at VBS.

Above: Dawson playing with his treasure chest.

Above: Dawson playing with his recycling truck.

Above: Dawson playing with Corey Combine.

Above: Dawson playing like a big kid.

Above: Dawson with his Nana and Grandad.

Above: Dawson playing around at his Mamaw's house.

Above: Dawson playing with Pop.

Above: Dawson playing. We gave him one
of our old cell phones, and he LOVES it!

Above: Who me?!

Above: Dawson being silly.

Above: More silliness at Lolly & Pop's house.

Above: Dawson is so happy about the Cozy Coupe!

Above: Dawson and the Cozy Coupe.

Above: Dawson and Uncle Logan's Cozy Coupe.

Above: More Cozy Coupe.

Above: Can you tell how happy he was with the
Cozy Coupe? :)

Above: Pop showing Dawson where to put
the gas.

Above: All the playing with the Cozy Coupe made
Dawson sleepy! :)

Above: Dawson playing with Pop.

Above: Dawson wanted Pop to answer the phone.

Above: The bridal shower with the bride and the other hostess.
(Thanks for making the sashes, Cassandra!)

Above: Everyone in the wedding party at the shower.

No comments: