Thursday, May 26, 2011

And Everything Else!

I am getting caught up with all of the blogging I have been meaning to do.  We have been having some issues with our Internet recently, so I have fallen behind.  With this being the 3rd blog I have posted today, don't forget to scroll all the way down if you haven't read about Dawson's 2 Year Update or Dawson's Tennessee Birthday Celebration.  Since I've already posted about so much today, this is just everything else we've been up to recently that didn't fit into any particular category.

I've been enjoying tending to my little garden in the backyard, and Dawson loves to help me.
Check out our squash plants!

The yellow squash will be ready to eat soon!

The zucchini are coming along nicely also. 
They are just a little behind the yellow squash, so
it will be a little longer before they are ready to eat!

I wasn't sure how the carrots would grow,
but they seem to be doing well.  We will
see when it's time to dig them up!

The Green Bell Pepper plants all have flowers on
them, and hopefully soon they will have peppers!

I have finally taken pictures of our tiling
project from last month.  I was so impressed
with John's handy work.  This is the tile in
the master bathroom.

And the tile in the hallway bathroom.
Both were linoleum before.

Dawson has acquired a lot of pieces that go with
his train table.  The track, signs, trees, and trains
were starting to drive me crazy because they were
always piled up on top of the table.  I took a cardboard
diaper box and covered it with blue canvas.  Then I sewed
a liner for it with Thomas fabric.

I am so pleased with how it turned out.
It fits nicely under the train table.

And best of all, it holds ALL of the train table
accessories we have right now.  In the future,
if we get more pieces and need more space, I
can make another one, two, or three that will all slide
under the table beside this one.

At the beginning of the May, I hosted a baby shower
for a friend, Karen, from church.  My friends, Kelly
and Melanie, (also from church) were the other hostesses.
The baby's bedding has some gerber daisy-looking flowers
on it, so we decided to make gerber daisy flowers the theme
of the shower.  We had the shower at Kelly's house.  Here's the
food table!

Kelly made this cute cupcake stand
and adorable and yummy cupcakes.

The mantle shower decor and gifts!

Some of the people at the shower!

Left to Right: Karen (guest of honor), and hostesses:
Melanie, me, and Kelly.

The afternoon of the shower we attended
a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese.
Dawson's friend Caleb turned three!
Dawson's favorite part of Chuckie Cheese
were the characters/puppet (I'm not sure what
they're called) that played and danced on stage.
He watched them and danced there the whole time.
He would have climbed up on them if he could have!

Daddy and Dawson drumming along on the
stage with the music!

Dawson and Daddy at Chuckie Cheese.

I love this picture.  SO happy together!
Dawson trying to share some of his tickets with
Jasper!

On Mother's Day Dawson fell asleep
on the way home from church.
He rarely ever falls asleep in the car
anymore, so I had to snap a picture!

On Mother's Day Dawson and John picked
some daisies for me from behind our house.
So sweet!  Ever since they did this, when
Dawson sees a flower he picks it and brings
it to me!  He loves to talk about picking flowers
for Mommy!  I love it!

A couple of weeks ago, Dawson's friends
Jonah and Norah had us over for an outdoor
playdate!  Dawson was so happy to see
Jonah and Norah!  Here are Dawson and Jonah
catching up!   :)

Dawson and his friends at the playdate.

Having fun with friends.

No comments: