Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fantasy of Trees

John and I were excited to take the boys to the Fantasy of Trees this year since we're back in Tennessee.  This is an five day event that we both grew up going to.  Growing up, I danced at the Fantasy of Trees each year, and then, of course, would get to go through it too.  When John and I got married and combined all of our Christmas ornaments we realized that we had not only been there the same year, but we had made the same ornament!  I love this!  Here's a pic...
So this year we went the first day of the festival which was "Parents and Tots" day.  Carter loved the fantasy because it was so dimly lit with Christmas lights and Christmas trees to look at everywhere!  Dawson loved the Fantasy of Trees because there were rides like the carousel that he rode with me...
Then he rode Tubs of Fun with Daddy.  It was a big boy ride that went really fast (so fast that it was hard to get a picture that wasn't blurry!), but Dawson takes after his Mommy and he LOVED it!

Dawson and Carter made a these matching ornaments with their thumbprints for our tree and one more set that I don't have a picture of yet!

Here is Dawson making the other ornament.
 
Then Dawson and Daddy decorated a Christmas Cookie!
 
Then Dawson got his face painted!  He had never been interested in getting his face painted at any other events, but at the Fantasy of Trees he got a reindeer on his cheek!  He said it tickled!  :)
 
We had a great time so before we left I had to get a couple of pictures with me and the boys!
And one more...
Despite the fact that we were trying to get a "good" picture, I love this picture!  Dawson making a silly face, with Carter staring at his big brother trying to figure out what he's doing!  :)  Love these boys!
We had a GREAT time at the Fantasy of Trees!
 
 

No comments: