Monday, October 28, 2013

Nora Kate, Mommy, and Daddy

Since Nora Kate hit the two month mark, I'm no longer doing the weekly updates-just monthly.  BUT I didn't want to go too long without sharing some pictures of our sweet baby girl! :)
I took these a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to comparing them.
My parents saved the outfit I wore home from the hospital.  So I dressed Nora Kate in it one day.  When I looked at these pictures again today, it got me thinking, and I decided it would be fun to compare mine and John's baby pictures to Nora Kate.  Since I've already posted pictures comparing the three kids to see who looks like who, I thought this would be nice to see how Nora Kate compares to her parents!
So here we go...


The first three pictures are of Nora Kate wearing the outfit I wore home from the hospital.

 
 
Next we have baby pictures of me and then John.  (The quality is poor because I took pictures of pictures.)

Above:  Jessica's newborn picture.
With my dark eyes and all the hair, Nora Kate does not resemble in this picture at all.

Jessica at 17 months.
(I think Carter (now 18 months) looks a lot like me here.)

Jessica at 3 years and Erica at 8 months.
(Carter definitely resembles my side of the family.)

Above:  John 3 days old.

John as a baby with his Dad. 
In both of these baby pictures of John, Dawson and Nora Kate resemble him more than they resemble me.  (Also, John and Dawson both look so much like Grandad.  The Zorio genes are strong!)

Above:  John at age three.
Dawson looks a lot like his Daddy!
 
So it was fun to look at these pictures, but I think that...
-Dawson looks like John (and Grandad)
-Carter looks like me
-And Nora Kate looks like Dawson (go back and look at the pictures comparing these two in the other blog posting from a couple of weeks ago).  So I think Nora Kate looks more like John than me, but really I think she looks more like Dawson than anyone.  I will admit that I can see both John and myself in all three kids, but it's fun to compare these pictures!

1 comment:

Blakeley said...

Yep, you each have your mini-me's. That means if you have another girl, she will look like your side of the family! :)