We did several Thanksgiving crafts this month including decorating Thanksgiving placemats and making these handprint turkey plates. We made one to keep, and one for each set of grandparents.
Glitter glue is serious business.
Carter thinks glitter glue is silly!
In the middle of the month we celebrated Mamaw's 84th birthday! We had cake and ice cream at her house. In addition to her gift, the kids took her balloons and flowers. Dawson was especially excited to give her flowers. So sweet!
One Friday morning we visited the Alcoa Fire Station with several friends! The firemen were so good and patient with the kids! They told them a lot of good information, demonstrated "stop, drop, and roll," showed the kids what they look like in their fire suits and how the search for people in a burning house so the kids wouldn't be afraid, and -of course the favorite-let the kids get in the fire truck! We spent about an hour there, and Dawson and Carter had a blast! I wore Nora Kate in the carrier and she slept most of the time! :)
Dawson continues to absolutely LOVE preschool, and he was beyond thrilled to be invited to his first school friend birthday party! It was for a little girl he likes to play with named Cheyenne, and it was a pool party at a local indoor pool! Dawson spent the better part of a morning perfecting her homemade birthday card (so sweet!), and he had fun picking out a girl gift for her of Polly Pockets. When we got to the party he was excited to get to swim and play with a few other friends from school who were at the party too! He has since asked to have a playdate with school friends (funny how he makes the distinction of "school friends" on his own). So sweet how he loves his little friends.
We celebrated Uncle Logan's 20th birthday this month!
The Monday before Thanksgiving my friend, Cassandra, drove over from Asheville, North Carolina with her sweet boys, Henry and Thomas, for a playdate! It was so fun to have them here and get to chat and play with the little ones! I was glad it worked out for them to get to stay and play with Dawson after he got home from school too! We all had a great time!!!
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture until the kids were absolutely exhausted! (Explains the expressions and the paci in Carter's mouth!)
Then we celebrated my birthday! I had a fun day with the kids (yay, it wasn't a school day so I got to have time with them all at home!), then that evening Mom, Dad, Logan, Karen, Mike, Emily, Drew, Eric, and Hailey all came over bringing dinner, cake, and ice cream to have a birthday party. After it was over, John and I slipped out for a movie date, leaving the kids in the care of Nana and Grandad for a few hours. I had a great birthday!
As soon as Carter saw the cake, he couldn't think about anything else. He kept asking for a piece!
Family picture on my birthday!
The night of my birthday it started snowing?! I don't remember it ever snowing on my birthday before! When I was up with Nora Kate during the night I looked out the window to see a beautiful snow covered yard. While I'm not a fan of the cold weather in winter, the snow is beautiful! The boys had a blast playing in the snow! Carter learned what snow is, and now he likes to talk about it! I ran Nora Kate outside for a quick "first snow" picture, and she was most definitely not a fan of the cold!
The following day was Thanksgiving. We celebrated with a lot of family (including Mamaw) at Lolly and Pop's house for lunch, went home for the boys, Nora Kate, and John (he worked the previous night) to nap, then went to the Zorio's for Thanksgiving dinner.
Daddy's tiniest turkey on Thanksgiving.
My three sweet Thanksgiving turkies!
Somehow I missed that Carter was doing this until I uploaded the pictures to the computer! Looks like he wanted a little sister to eat instead of turkey! I'm really not sure what he's doing here, but this is SO Carter! Just being silly.

No comments:
Post a Comment