Our precious Carter is already 21 months which is unbelievably close to TWO! Carter is one of the happiest little kids I think I've ever seen! He is usually always smiling, singing, and dancing. It is not uncommon for him to be playing and just start singing while he plays. We love his sweet singing voice! He picks up on tunes and words to songs very quickly! We have started working on singing his ABCs, and he is picking it up very well!
Quite possibly the reason Carter is always so happy is that he ALWAYS has someone to play with! His favorite playmate being his big brother! Carter wants and tries to play and do everything Dawson does, and usually he does very well for a 1 year old doing 4 year old activities! :) Dawson is good to be patient with him, and he gets SO excited when Carter does something exactly as he has shown him. At this point Dawson will usually say, "I showed Carter how to do it, AND HE DID IT!!! I taught him!" Dawson is a great big brother to him. Carter loves to play rowdy with Dawson, but is equally happy when Dawson gets a book and "reads" to him! Sometimes after Dawson reads to Carter he will come smile and whisper to me, "Carter thinks I can read all the words." And I'm pretty sure Dawson is right, there is nothing Carter thinks Dawson can't do! When Dawson is at school, Carter sadly asks about him. Carter also enjoys being a big brother. He is SO sweet with Nora Kate! When he wakes up in the mornings he asks where she is first thing, "Baby, night night?" He is constantly kissing, hugging, and patting her (sometimes I have to force him to give her a little space!). Carter will randomly give her baby toys, burp cloths, and pacis! He DOES not like it when she cries here lately though. He covers his ears, gets a serious look, and says, "Baby, LOUD! Baby cry!" Lucky for Carter, Nora Kate is usually a happy camper! He has started calling her by her name part of the time now (after 5 months!) and not just calling her baby all the time. He says her name, "Norrrrr KATE!" with all the emphasis on the Kate.
Carter is stringing together more and more words to make sentences. We are constantly impressed by his vocabulary. There is no possible way to write out all the words he uses like I used to do though!
Carter loves to read/be read to, and he is loving sound books right now (the ones with the buttons that make noises) and any other books that have animals or trains.
Speaking of trains, Carter LOVES trains right now!! One of his very favorite things to play with in the playroom is the train table. Most of Carter's playtime this month has been centered around trains, building track, and making them go. We have a few trains with batteries that go on their own, and as soon as the batteries die Carter understands. He takes the train to John and tells him, "Train Go Batteries!"
Carter loves to give hugs and kisses and snuggle up on my lap (which I, of course, just love)! Possibly Carter's very favorite thing to do is make people laugh! Carter will do something he sees as silly and look around until someone smiles or laughs, then he will continue looking at that person while doing it over and over. He's a people pleaser. :)
I could go on and on about Carter, but I think I've recorded enough for his 21 month milestone. For the stats, we have had no official weight done at the doctor's office since his 18 month check up, however, I did have him stand on our bathroom scale this week. On our home scale he weighed 31 pounds (which I think is relatively accurate). We love our sweet little boy so very much!
Monthly sibling photo!
Carter couldn't even stop singing long enough for me to take pictures! :)
Oh, I'm not sure that I've ever mentioned that Carter has wavy hair which can be seen in these pictures! It requires taming on most days, and I think it is time for another little trim...but there's just something so sweet-to me-about his soft little curls!
Carter 21 months
One more sibling picture.
Carter 21 months, Nora Kate 5 months, Dawson 4.5 years
No comments:
Post a Comment