Saturday, October 4, 2014

Nora Kate is 13 Months

Our sweet Nora Kate is 13 months!  (On a side note, I typed this post on September 14, but I had problems getting it posted to the blog until now!) 
Although Nora Kate still has a lot of little rolls to love, John and I really think she is beginning to thin out-I love her rolly-polly-ness and am NOT ready for her to grow up so quickly that she's already thinning out like a toddler.  Slow down, NK! 
Nora Kate's personality is showing more and more every day!  She LOVES to be silly!  She wrinkles her little nose up and smiles when she's being silly or laughing.
The biggest change this month....NK can walk!!  She still crawls 99% of the time, but she has taken a few unassisted steps!  She's great at cruising and does this a lot too! 
Nora Kate wants to do everything her brothers do and play with everything they have-she's very interested in everything they say too and is always craning around to see them if I'm blocking her view. 
She's an easy going little girl as far as entertaining herself when I'm trying to get us ready to take Dawson to school in the mornings or I'm preparing lunch or dinner-this is nice-especially since there are a couple of other little ones around here who are not as great at self-entertainment! 
She's generally very happy and content.
Nora Kate sleeps through the night about 65-70% of the time now-YAY!!!!  It's tough now when she does wake up since she's not nursing, all I can do is give her the pacifier and hope she settles back down--thankfully though, she usually settles pretty quickly when she does wake up these days!
No one can maker her sillier, rowdier, or happier than Dawson, Carter, or Daddy!  She loves these three sweet guys in her life! 
It has become *almost* impossible to get a picture of her with her brothers (as you will see below in the monthly sibling photo) because she gets so excited to be sitting so close to the boys that they all three get rowdy! I love to see all three of them interacting more and more each day.  I'm so glad that they will always have siblings so close in age as they grow up, and I really do hope and pray that they are always great friends.  They're so very sweet to each other (most of the time!) now! 
Nora Kate did not have a 13 month check up, but we can tell she's grown!  Specifically we can tell that our baby girl has gotten taller/longer this month since her birthday as well!
A couple new words Nora Kate has added to her vocabulary this month include cat, daws (some variation of the letters in Dawson's name that sounds enough like Dawson we know who she means-hah), and right back.
I could go on and on about our precious baby girl, but I'll let these pictures wrap it up...
 
 
(Sorry for the blurry pictures--she doesn't stop moving!)

13 months





No comments: