Monday, November 3, 2014

Carter Update: TWO AND A HALF

Until the time Carter turned two, I did a monthly "Carter Update," as you may remember.  After he turned two, I decided that I would only do an official update every six months.  Carter is now two and a half, so it's time for an update!  John and I cannot believe we have such a big boy!
I say we can't believe we have a 2 and a half year old, but at the same time, Carter talks and acts so big-sometimes he seems MUCH older!  He looks up to his big brother SO very much and wants to act just like him, so I think this is a big part of him seeming older!
Carter is definitely our little comedian!  He will do absolutely anything to get a laugh!  I'm not so sure his teachers will appreciate this when he gets to elementary school, just his brother and sister LOVE being entertained by silly Carter!  Carter is FULLY of personality and energy!
Carter has always loved to sing, and he still does!  My favorite is when he wakes up singing in the morning, and I can hear his sweet little voice on the monitor.  If anything is a song, he learns it VERY quickly! I'm always impressed! 
Carter loves to pray!  He always starts out his prayers, "God, thank you for mulch and..."  I'm not sure why but he's always really thankful for mulch.  The other night his prayer went like this, "God, thank you for mulch, and Dawson, and Daddy, and Mommy, and Nora Kate, and not for the bad or scary things, and thank you for bears, and the mountains, and not for spiders, and Mr. Gatties, and taking care of us, and AMEN!"
Carter has always been a great "talker."  This has not changed.  He has a HUGE vocabulary.  BUT in the past couple of months he has also started making up words.  He has three "Carter Words" that he loves to say, and he always makes such a sweet/silly little face when he says them!  The first word he started saying that was a "Carter Word" was "teamapster."  Then he added "tennesseeawesomebom."  And finally, he added "oshkosh."   He just likes to say these when he's playing or happy, and he knows they are nonsense words, but they're so funny to him!
As I mentioned in the September blog post, Carter became so comfortable in the water this summer!  I'm thinking maybe we should enroll him in swim lessons this winter when we don't have a lot to do so he can continue to be comfortable in the water and learn to swim a little!
I've talked a lot about Carter's love for his big brother,  but I don't want to fail to mention Carter's relationship with Nora Kate!  Over the last two months, Carter and Nora Kate have started interacting a lot more!  They seem to enjoy "playing" with the other.  I'm so glad Carter is starting to play with her especially on Dawson's school mornings because he used to be SO lonely without big brother.
Another thing about Carter at this age is that he knows no strangers.  He loves to talk to anyone who will listen!  Every morning when we drop Dawson off at school, Carter has to talk to EVERYONE.  Carter is definitely not shy!
Carter gets up every morning at 7:30, takes about a 2 hour nap from 1-3, and goes to bed at 8:00.  A big change right when he turned 2 1/2 was that we put him in a twin bed instead of his toddler bed, and...he has done AWESOME!  He loves his big boy bed, and looks so little and cute curled up in it!
My sweet, brown-eyed, full of personality, funny, sweet, happy, rowdy Carter melts our hearts each day, and we love him so much!  Happy 2 1/2, Carter!!
LOVE these three!

Carter looks up to his big brother so very much!

Poor Nora Kate!  Carter has this recent obsession with her ears!!
He is always feeling them!  When I catch him doing this he responds, "but they are SO soft!"  While I was getting the camera ready to take pictures Carter leaned over and touched her ear, so I manage to capture this.  Hah!

Oh the "cheese face"! 
LOVE my sweet, Carter!

And now for a total Mommy moment....it seems like just yesterday I was sharing the above baby picture of Carter with everyone!  How has 2 1/2 years passed already?!?  

No comments: