Monday, February 23, 2015

Making Our Home: RENOVATION BEGINNINGS

As I've briefly mentioned before, we bought a new home the week before Christmas.  The first time we looked at the house in early November we loved the floorplan and the location.  There were many less lovable attributes of the house, but, fortunately, we were able to see past the outdated blue floral wallpaper and borders, pink panel blinds, lack of overhead lighting, and disgusting yellow linoleum, to name a few. John and I felt that we could make the cosmetic updates to the house, thus MAKING OUR HOME from this house.  
We have worked very hard over the past two months that we have owned the house, and we have made great strides!  John and I have taken tons of pictures of the progress, and wanted to begin documenting them here.  We still have many items on our "to do" list, but it is so exciting seeing the progress.  
Today I am going to begin by sharing this post of our RENOVATION BEGINNINGS, or what the house looked like the day we got the keys at our closing.  

The Dining Room









The Foyer




The Playroom


Coat Closet


The Sunroom






The Living Room



Front Exterior Large View


Half Bath









Downstairs Pass Through Facing Future Pantry


Random Closet/Future Pantry




Stairs







Master Bedroom



1st Master Closet








2nd Master Closet



Master Bath







Hall Bath








Linen Closet

Bedroom 2



Bedroom 3


Bedroom 4


Additional foyer/stair photos





Laundry Room


Kitchen









And one more photo of this Brady Bunch Wall


Looking back at these pictures, it's already surprising how far we have come in just two months!  I can't wait to begin posting our renovations this week!

1 comment:

Lindsay J said...

Oh, I love it!! It has so much potential!