Monday, June 22, 2015

Nora Kate 22 Months

Nora Kate is 22 months!
She continues to be awesome at sleeping in her toddler bed!  I cannot believe how easily she made this transition.
As I said last month, her vocabulary is still growing very quickly and she's putting more and more words together.
At 22 months Nora Kate loves to play silly and rowdy and sit on your lap.  She will happily sit on my, John, Carter, or Dawson's lap at any time-even if Dawson and Carter aren't expecting/wanting her to sit on their laps! Haha!  
Dawson showed her how to play Duck, Duck, Goose this month.  Nora Kate's version of Duck, Duck, Goose is for everyone to sit in a circle in the sunroom floor while she runs around the outside of the circle shouting "Duck!" over and over again, but never saying "Goose" or tagging anyone.  She smiles so big when we play this game her way! SO sweet!
Her favorite book is still Gossie.  In the book Gossie (a gosling) looses her bright red boots.  Nora Kate has been mostly wearing sandals this summer, but this past month any time I got her tennis shoes out for her to wear she happily exclaims "BOOTS!"  
Nora Kate got to go along with us to most all of Carter's swim lessons in late May.  Lolly would come watch her and Dawson play in the kiddie pool while Carter and I were in the big pool for lessons.  She enjoys being in the water and doesn't mind getting her face wet.  She's also getting a pretty cute little tan despite wearing super strong sunblock for kids.  
Nora Kate's hair is getting longer, although it doesn't look longer-it just looks curlier!  I love her sweet little curls!  As soon as her hair starts drying it starts popping back up in the ringlets. I've given up on brushing it because it just turns into a frizzy mess, so I bought her a pick which works much, much better!  Can I just say how much I love her curls?!  I love how everything about her is still so round right now (even though she's thinned out a ton lately since she's constantly on the move!), but her little legs, face, and arms are still round so her round curls go perfectly in the mix!
I mentioned how active she is...she loves to run and jump.  She always asks us permission before she runs which is funny.  She will say, "Mommy, run? Running?" I'll tell her yes, she will start running and say, "Mommy! RUNNING!"  She does the exact same thing with jumping!    
Nora Kate currently has 4 teeth on the verge of popping through her gums.  They are her four eye teeth, and I remember these being really painful for the boys and it seems to be the same for her unfortunately.
Nora Kate has an amazing sense of direction!!  She pays attention to where we are at all times!  If we turn on a certain road that isn't too close to Nana's house but that we take when driving to Nana's house, Nora Kate will say "Going Nanas! Nana there! Grandad there!"  Sometimes if we are headed toward our neighborhood but go the opposite direction to run an errand, she will say over and over, "No! No! That way! Go that way! Go home!"  I'm continually amazed at her sense of direction and that she's even paying attention to what's outside the window with everything that happens in the van between her, Dawson, and Carter!  
Nora Kate will go to the potty as much as I take her (for the most part).  Our summer has been SOOO busy so far, and this week is looking just as busy with VBS-BUT after VBS things slow down.  As things slow down, I have big plans for having Miss Nora Kate potty trained by her 2nd birthday just like the boys were.
Another "goal" for Nora Kate in the coming month is getting rid of her paci.  She is the least attached to her paci of all three kids and only uses it at bedtime and naptime.  She calls it her "pabi" which is adorable to us.  Dawson called his "paci" and Carter called his "bobby."  So funny!  Nora Kate will, of course, still get to sleep with her "Lovie" the off-white (it started as white) little stuffed animal head attached to a blanket that John, Dawson, and Carter gave her when she was baby.  So she will still have other items that comfort her, just not her "pabi."
Our baby is getting closer to two years old-how can that be?!  Nora Kate is 22 months!

Oh, Nora Kate!  I feel like, more than ever, your 22 month pictures capture your personality.  Carter wanted to try taking her picture.  This is the face she made for him when he said "say cheese"  She's giggling all the while!

More nonsense

Had to get a picture of the curls!

Dawson wanted to take a picture of Nora Kate.  This is the face she made for him.  Again, giggling the whole time!

But then, look at that sweet face she made for her Mommy! :)


She REALLY wants to wear this necklace...for about 5 seconds then take it off, then put it on again.  More than anything she just likes playing peek a boo through it!

Carter asked if we could take a silly picture...aren't they all?!



LOVE LOVE LOVE how she looks at her brothers!
These three make us so unbelievably happy.  

No comments: