Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Clayton is THREE MONTHS

As of June 21st Clayton is three months old!  He is still the happiest baby! He is growing and changing so quickly, but his smiley, easy-going personality remains the same. 
Clayton smiles all the time, and he is just starting to laugh! SO sweet!  If he hears your voice he will scan the room with his eyes until he locks eyes with you, and the he gives the sweetest open mouth grin.  His wonderful personality continues to make him more and more loved by his siblings!  We still have not seen any jealousy toward Clayton.  Dawson, Carter, and Nora Kate are still in love with Clayton, and sing to him, talk to him, and make silly faces at him all day long.  Carter and Nora Kate constantly think Clayton needs something....a blanket, a burp cloth, a toy, etc.  They're always wanting to bring something to him or do something for him.  I love listening to the voices Nora Kate uses when she is talking to Clayton...so sweet!  Daily Nora Kate refers to him as "our baby" and she talks about when she's a momma.  "One day when I'm a Momma, I'm going to have a girl baby and name her Pink." (Oh my!) But I love that Clayton is such a good boy that he makes her want to be a Momma.  Clayton most definitely is loved by his older siblings, there is no question there.
I cannot believe after 4 kids I finally get to type this in a 3 month update, but CLAYTON HAS SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!  He does not do this every night by any means, but he's still a great sleeper.  Usually 1 night a week he will sleep through the night (meaning 10pm-5am) and this is AMAZING! The rest of the nights he sleeps from about 8-10, then 10:30-3:30ish, then 4-7:30....which is still wonderful!  That just means getting up once a night!  During the day he's a great napper too.  He takes about an hour long morning nap 9:30-10:30ish-lots of time he has to do this nap on the go-in his carseat, stroller, or ergo carrier that I wear.  He doesn't seem to mind though.  It's the life of the 4th child, I guess.  But his afternoon nap, I do not mess with...I make sure we are home for this one!  He naps from about 1-3:30.  This is awesome because it overlaps Carter and Nora Kate's naps too. 
In a 24 hour period of time Clayton nurses about 7 times.  He's still a great eater, but is just now starting to get a little bit distracted if he hears his siblings laughing or being silly.  But he's still eating really well!
Clayton still loves a bath...and water in general.  This month he "went swimming" for the first time.  Our friends, the Johnson's invited us over to swim in their pool, and I held Clayton in the water for about an hour and he was so relaxed and happy being held in the water. 
Clayton loves his back time gym more than ever this month. He has also gotten a lot better hand eye coordination, and he can grab the toys that hang from it now too! Lots of times he will grab them and pull so hard that he pulls the whole thing down.  (The kids think this is hilarious!)  He still does well at tummy time too.  Several times I've thought he was going to roll over from tummy to back, but after getting about half way there he's returned to his tummy.  He's so strong that he doesn't mind tummy time.  He can hold his chest off the ground well and look around.  He still likes his swings and bouncy seats too...especially because he can watch the kids playing and talking to him from these seats. 
Clayton has become quiet the little chatter box this month.  I love how he "talks" to us.  He has the sweetest little voice that just melts your heart.  He says lots of vowel sounds "ooooo" "aaaaaah" etc.  Nora Kate always things she knows what he's saying.  ("Momma did you hear that? Clayton just said he likes my dollhouse") 
Clayton naps in his crib for his two naps during the day that way I can hear him on the baby monitor (yes, we have three baby monitors going in our house!).  At night Clayton is still sleeping in the bassinet in our bedroom. 
Our big boy is definitely growing longer and gaining weight, but I don't have his exact stats since there was no 3 month check up.  He will soon be into his 3-6month clothes and 6month clothes.  Speaking of clothes, I still like to dress him in a gown at night (rather than pajamas) because it's easier not to have to do snaps or zippers at night when I'm changing diapers, but Nora Kate gets so excited when I dress him in footed pajamas.  After seeing him sleep in gowns so much she always say, "LOOK! Clayton has on pajamas with legs tonight!" So funny!  Nora Kate acts like Clayton is her own doll, she wants to pick out his clothes, pajamas, even down to which color cloth diaper he wears each time I change his diaper.  (This is funny because I have several pink cloth diapers that were her's and she frequently wants him to wear these pink diapers because they are her favorites.) 
Clayton is such a wonderful baby, and we feel beyond blessed by him and his sweet personality.  I could go on and on, but these are just a few things I want to remember from this stage of him turning 3 months. 

My sweet 3 month old baby boy!


A special day this month was when Clayton finally got to meet his Great Mamaw.  She has had lots of health ups and downs over the past 9 months and was even in the hospital (a different hospital) when Clayton was born.  She was finally well enough for us to go down one morning and visit wit her, and she got to hold Clayton for a few minutes.  (She's back in the hospital now, so I'm thankful we got to go visit her when we did.)


I will post more about this in our family's June blog post, but Clayton went on his first trip out of Tennessee this month.  We celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary by taking the kids to Atlanta for the weekend.  We did Lego Land, the Georgia Aquarium, Top Golf, and some shopping which made for a fun weekend.  The above picture is Clayton's first time at an aquarium.  He's in front of the beluga whales...and as you can see Carter and Nora Kate thought he needed a blanket!

The trip to Atlanta also meant Clayton's first time staying in a hotel.
We weren't sure how he would do in the hotel sleeping in his pack and play.  We were a little worried he would wake up the kids, but he picked this night to sleep through the night and he didn't disturb anyone!

And now, on to what the kids refer to as "the white shirt pictures"...

Carter looks smaller than Nora Kate in these pictures even though he's actually taller!



This picture makes me so happy! They were all tickled about something, I can't remember what, but they were so happy and laughing!

And this is the "I'm up to no good look" I think!



Our happy 3 month old



No comments: