Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Clayton is 4 Months

On July 21st Clayton reached the 4 month mark!  He suddenly seems so big as he seems to have been filling out A LOT over the past month.  If you can't tell by looking at him, he's a great eater!  He nurses about 3 hours for about 20 - 25 minutes each time.  He RARELY ever spits up...as in maybe once a week or less.  Both other boys were like this, and NK was our spit up baby.  Clayton has been in a bib quiet a bit this month though, not for spit up but for drool!  He likes to suck and chew on his hands making him VERY drooly. 
Speaking of sucking on his hands, Clayton really doesn't care for his pacificers much.  He prefers to suck his thumb!  It's so funny because we have never had a thumb-sucker.  I'm sure it will be a more difficult habit to break than using a pacificer, but right now it's so nice.  He started sucking his thumb on his own, I never "helped" him get it to his mouth.  But when he starts to get upset he gets his own thumb which makes me feel like he's better about soothing himself than the others.  He rarely gets upset.  The kids will even comment that he rarely cries!  SO SO NICE!
As for sleep, Clayton hasn't been sleeping through the night this month-maybe 1 time he did, but he's just been getting up 1 (occasionally 2) times a night which still is not bad at all.  When he wakes up, I change him, feed him, and he goes right back to sleep with no problems!  Clayton still sleeps in our bedroom until his last feeding of the night which is usually around 4:45 or 5.  John and I get up for the day between 5 and 5:15, so after the last feeding of the night, I put Clayton in his crib in his room to sleep the last two hours of his "night" so that we don't disturb him while we are getting ready.  Clayton wakes up for the day at 7:30.  During the day he has gotten on a nap schedule.  He does a morning nap around 9:30 (I'm flexible with this nap, and I let him do it in the car, stroller, or Ergo carrier that I wear, if we are out and about) and an afternoon nap at 1:00.  I am not flexible with the afternoon nap.  Nora Kate and Carter both nap at 1:00 also AND the afternoon nap is Clayton's longer nap, so I don't like to have to do anything that messes up our afternoon nap time.  Then he goes to bed for the night around 7:30. 
Clayton has yet to roll over.  He's so happy both on his tummy and on his back that he doesn't fuss and squirm trying to get rolled over.  I know he will do it soon though because he seems to be getting so strong!
The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE Clayton.  Nora Kate has started calling him Mr. Baby which makes us laugh and laugh, and it has kind of stuck as now we all call him Mr. Baby a lot.  Clayton is so smiley and happy that the kids love trying to make him smile and laugh...and it doesn't take much to make him smile.  They still all ask to hold him all the time-Nora Kate the most, of course. 
At Clayton's 4 month check up he weighed 17 pounds 1 ounce!!!  According to his doctor, he is doing great.  There are no concerns.  At birth he had a "tiny, common, un-concerning umbilical hernia."  The doctor had just said we would check it at all of his doctor visits, and they fully expected it to close up as ones this tiny do close up on their own as the baby's stomach muscles get stronger and stronger.  It was right behind his belly button and you could barely feel it.  At Clayton's 2 month check up, the doctor measured and said it was definitely getting smaller.  At the 4 month check up, the doctor said it was fully resolved!  YAY!  That was even sooner than we though as we were told a lot of the time they resolved after the baby learned to sit upright on their own!  Other than checking this, talking about what a good baby he was, and hearing that he was healthy and growing GREAT, the only other part of this appointment was shots.  Ugh! The least favorite part.  He had to get three but handled them like a champ!  Such a good boy!
Our sweet boy is 4 months, and is growing so quickly.  We love every moment with Clayton, and it's is so easy to enjoy our sweet Mr. Baby because he's always happy!  Happy, healthy, sweet, smiley boy! Happy 4 month birthday!




Clayton wouldn't know what to do if at least one person wasn't touching him at all times, hah!



Clayton's silly big brother! Carter leaned in front of the camera as I was trying to get a picture of Clayton and his Little Mama (aka Nora Kate).




Little baby big chair.

Did I mention that he loves to chew on his hands and blankets....and apparently the monthly stickers he wears for the pictures! (and I was planning to use these monthly stickers on his scrapbook pages!)

On his quilt.

Looking surprised on his rug.
This is actually a great picture because I forgot to mention that he always reaches up for us to pick him up now, even before we reach for him.  Here he was starting to reach for me to pick him up.  (And Clayton's mouth in this picture looks like Nora Kate's mouth!)

No comments: