Tuesday, February 1, 2022

January 2022

January has felt like a very long month for some reason.  It’s been a good and fun month, but looking back at these pictures from the beginning of the month feels like forever ago already! 

We started off the New Year by running the Huntsville New Years Day race.  They have options for 1 mile, 2 miles, and 4 miles.  John and Clayton ran the one mile.  Nora Kate and Carter ran the two mile.  I had planned to run the 4 mile with Dawson, but I had donated blood about 3 hours before the race started and I started not feeling so great around a mile and a half so I wimped out and only ran 2 miles.  Dawson powered through alone and ran FOUR AND A HALF miles in  less than 39 minutes! The race was a lot of fun even if it was CRAZY windy and during a tornado warning.  
There’s Dawson coming in after 4.5 miles!!

Can you tell how windy it was?!
Shortly after we got home, the tornado sirens started going off.  Thankfully everything missed us though!
We joked the two ran the Huntsville Race in the most Huntsville fashion though —during a tornado warning.

Crazy, crazy weather.  Well January 2nd the day after it was hot and tornado-y. They called for snow. I told the kids I didn’t think we would get anything because it had been so warm.  Well, I was completely wrong.  It started the night of Jan. 2 and was coming down hard!

The next morning everyone was SO excited to go play in it!
Nana and Grandad had given the kids snow boots for Christmas so they didn’t have to wait long to get to put those to good use!


This is about how I do snow…coffee by the fire on the patio…warning 4 pairs of pants and 5 shirts haha!

We have to recreate this photo every time it snows!

They made a snowman!

Our house in the snow

Snow selfie

The snow princess on her snow throne

Carter made a giant snow ball

We basically lived at the sportsplex this month…and games will continue into February with Clayton’s last game tonight (2/1) and Carter’s team has continued into the next round of the tournament after tonight’s win! 
Clayton has become a great dribbler which was something he was concerned about having to do at the beginning of the season.

Clayton making clay Dino’s that he got from Aunt Emily, Eric, Zoe, and Zach for Christmas.

Nora Kate was super excited that gymnastics started back after Christmas break!
Clayton got to go on his date with Daddy.  They went to Top Golf!
Our sweet, sweet Clayton-he golfs left handed and bats a baseball left handed…everything else is right handed.

Daddy-Clayton selfie at Top Golf.

Carter got hit in the eye/cheek at the end of one of his basketball games.

Clayton being a ham in the car one day.

This boy…always something funny

Another of Clayton’s basetball games


John got Duke this outfit…it’s hilarious!

The kids got to go to their buddy, Hayden’s bday party that was in a gym and involved basketball…here Dawson and Carter (both in blue) are both shooting during a game at the party.

Nora Kate got fake nails in her stocking for Christmas.
Fancy Nancy loves them

It was time for a Mommy-Carter date.
We went to Texas Roadhouse where he ordered some of his favorite foods-Steak, corn, fries, rolls, and HI-C fruit punch.

Then we went bowling at Stars and Strikes.

Love special time with Carter!

Duke has been sneaking into the big boys’ room when we they are at school and sleeping on the bottom bunk. 

Another basketball game for Clayton.
I’ve been SO SO impressed with how well he has played this season.  He is awesome on defense and even a little scrappy!  He hasn’t made a basket yet, but he has had some assists!

His handwriting is getting tidier! (I wrote the top line)

Carter’s team has had a great season so far.  Going into the tournament they were 7-3.  Carter has had some baskets I think every game except one and played great!!

Carter’s speed and endurance really help him out during basketball games!


 
We’ve done some baking this month.  I think this was the only thing I snapped a picture of. The kids were super excited by these.  We baked cookies in the muffin tin and muffin liners.  Pushed a hole in them.  Filled with chocolate fudge and then topped with mini m&ms.

While it would make sense for this fat finger to be a basketball injury, it’s not.  Clayton did this on the trampoline one day.  He was so tough but it bothered him for about a week.  It bruised and swelled..his little pinky got so big, or “fat” as he called it.  Thankfully it’s better now.

Clayton has gotten into Pokémon with Carter and NK big time. I love how he understands how to play, talks the jargon like a big kid (even if I totally don’t get it), and looks so big sitting and looking through his cards.

AND he lost another tooth! His second. 
And, this brave boy pulled it out himself!

One super cold night we went to see a movie.  John, Dawson, and Carter saw American Underdog (a football movie) and NK, Clayton, and I saw Sing 2 (yes, again) it’s so good! 

John and I had the babysitter come and we got out for a rare date night!
We had a fancy and delicious dinner at 1835, and then saw Rob Schneider at Stand Up Live. We snapped this picture standing in the freezing cold waiting to get in!

The next day was basketball all day!
Clayton had a morning game.  Then we drove to a local church where their buddy Henry was playing in an Upward game.  Then home where we watched basketball on tv.  Then back to the Sportsplex to watch Carter play.  At the end of the day NK said, “I’ve watched basketball ALL day! I’ve never watched so much basketball in one day.”  She never complains about watching their games though.  The above picture is with friend Henry after his game.

Clayton and his buddy Ruby playing during the game.

And Carter’s game that nigh.
This was one of their 3 losses this season, and even though we were bummed to loose they played SO HARD! We lost in overtime.

That’s Carter…number 5.

January has been a REALLY cold month for North Alabama.  We’ve had the fireplace on several times.  The other day it was so cold that Duke positioned himself in front of it…where he could still keep an eye on all the kids though of course!

“Will my people every been done with their school work so they can play with me!?”

Nora Kate doing schoolwork
Duke patiently waiting for her to finish and play with him.

 
There’s Carter in white.  Number 5.  This was right before he scored!
One Saturday night we went to cheer the Huntsville Havoc Hockey team on to a 5-3 victory!  We had a great time!

Hockey selfie!

January was a great month.  It feels like we crammed a bunch into the month!  I also forgot to mention that the kids’ school got shut down for one week due to Covid numbers skyrocketing, but thankfully since we do SO much of their coursework at home already not going to school didn’t impact us much.  Actually it was really nice that we had a little more time at home to spend some extra time on certain things (like multiplication facts).  
On to February which is looking pretty busy and fun already!

No comments: