So when Melanie asked me if I would like to go to the Flying Monkey on Saturday while John was working, I was excited to see somewhere new. I was worried that Dawson wouldn't do well, but he did amazing. He rode through all of the studios looking at art and all of the people there and was generally happy. To get from one floor to the next you have to take a really old elevator. Instead of doors it has gates that the operator has to manually raise and lower each time you get to a floor, and you can see the pulley and the entire elevator shaft from inside. I was worried this might scare Dawson (especially the noise), but he was content and just watched everything go by when we could see the brick inside the elevator shaft. I was so happy that Dawson seemed to enjoy riding around the studios in his stroller!
Before we went to the Flying Monkey, we had lunch at the Blue Plate Diner, a restaurant we've been wanting to try since we have heard so many good things about it. The Blue Plate is only open for breakfast and lunch and is set up like an old diner inside. We had a great waiter who talked to Dawson the whole time we were there. He even introduced Dawson to a younger baby girl sitting nearby and asked if I wanted to take a picture of Dawson with him for his baby book for his first time at Blue Plate (I almost took him up on this, as I love to take pictures of Dawson). Needless to say, with all of this attention, Dawson did wonderful at the restaurant too. This was the first restaurant where I have put him in a high chair and used the cover his Lolly made for him, and he did great! When we were using his old car seat, we always carried it in the restaurant and placed it in a sling near the table for him to sit. Overall, Dawson did great on our little trip to the Blue Plate and the Flying Monkey.
As a general update on Dawson...He has had turkey and chicken so far of his meats to try and really would prefer not to eat either because of their texture. Last night I discovered that he will eat his chicken with no fight if it's in apples, so that's how he ate his chicken last night! Tonight he gets to start his four days of trying beef.
He still isn't officially crawling on his hands and knees, but he can get around by rocking and lunging or 'army crawling,' so it's only a matter of time before he's everywhere! He's pulling up on everything now and loves to walk holding our hands.
As for John and me, we are doing well. John has still been staying busy with work. This past week we were happy to have a couple of his coworkers over. I've continued to stay busy taking care of Dawson, making baby food, and going to the wellness center. Last weekend I made Dawson 511 ounces of baby food, so hopefully that will last a month. I've never made that much at one time, and our freezer looks fully stocked, but I have a feeling I'll be making more before too long! I also found a great recipe to make homemade biter biscuits that only requires juice, flour, and baby cereal. I made Dawson 30 biter biscuits some in the shape of hearts for Valentine's Day and with our Z-shaped cookie cutter. So he's been gumming his heart and Z biter biscuits this week and loving them! We are very much looking forward to our upcoming trip to Asheville, North Carolina to see our friends Josh and Cassandra. And then John and I are looking forward to a ski trip we have planned as well when Dawson will be staying with his Nana and Grandad for a couple of days.
I have posted a few pictures below...
learned to push the bumper pad down and watch the door
for us to come in and get him out of bed. As you can
see in the picture he thinks it's funny that he can do this.
3 comments:
Now that is an adorable face I would out mind waking up to!
Haha! Thank you. No, I don't mind waking up to see his smile in the mornings....it's just in the middle of the night that I'm not quiet as thrilled. :)
Jessica- I am glad i am not the only one struggling with this bottle thing!!! He has RSV right now so i have been slacking on the bottle giving! haha But i will start again next week!! I will be gone from him for 7 days!! So i am sure he will eat eventually but i am freaking out about leaving!!! Dawson is the cutest thing!!! Love all of his smiles!!! I thought about making Will some of those biscuits bc he is close to getting teeth!! Will loves that food and it is a lot easier than i thought it would be to make the food!!! I love looking at all the new pictures of Dawson!!! Have a great weekend!! And good luck to us both in the bottle department!!
Post a Comment