Monday, February 8, 2010

Dawson Graduates from the Bugs & Alabama Gets More Snow

As I mentioned in our last blog, Dawson has started crawling. This means that it is time for him to move up to the next class in church nursery. So yesterday Dawson officially graduated from the Bugs Class and is now in the Crawlers Class! His new classroom is a lot bigger and has more floor space for all the kids to move around. Dawson's new teachers said that he was happy the entire time he was there and enjoyed exploring the whole room with his friends! He didn't have a cap or gown, so I made sure to take a lot of pictures of him after church yesterday to remember the day he graduated from the Bugs! :)
Today Alabama got MORE snow! This is the third winter we've lived in Alabama, and we've never seen this much snow in all of our time here. This morning Dawson and I got up to find it snowing. Within about two hours everything was covered. We got around 1 1/2 on our driveway and a little more on the grass. This is probably the most snow we've had this year (or our whole time in Alabama), but it's mostly gone already. Around lunch time it started raining and warming up, so the snow melted quickly. I was surprised to see that all of the roads were covered with snow, so much so they even had to close a couple roads for a short period of time. Dawson and I just stayed in where it was warm and crawled around the house!

Above: Our house in the snow this morning.
Above: View of our cul-de-sac from our front door.
You can see that the road is completely covered (which
is rare here!).

Above: Remember how I used to take all those
cute pictures of Dawson in this yellow chair? Well,
those days may be over. Now he squirms all over
the place, as you can see in the picture above. This
picture was taken yesterday after church.

Above: This was also taken yesterday after church. Santa
brought this truck for Dawson, and Dawson LOVES to walk
behind it.

Above: He also likes to ride on it.

Above: Action shot-crawling to his truck.

No comments: