Over the weekend Dawson's Lolly (my mom) came down from Maryville for a visit, and we had a great weekend! We spent most of the time Lolly was here playing in Dawson's new playroom (more info on the new playroom later!), and Dawson was a showoff as usual. He showed his Lolly how to play with all of his toys, how he can crawl very fast, and how he can "cruise" around furniture and toys. While she was here we also went out to eat and went shopping at Bridge Street. Dawson had a great time with his Lolly and loved the extra attention. Dawson and I were happy she got to come down for a visit, and we hope she will get to come back soon with Dawson's Pop and Uncle Logan!
In other Zorio family news...
For the past two and a half weeks, we have been putting our schedule-resistant Dawson on a routine in hopes that it will help him to start sleeping through the night. Yes, that's right, he's 9 months old and doesn't sleep through the the night, but I'm determined that by the time he turns one in May that he will sleep through the night! :) Out of the past 16 days he has been on his new routine he has slept through the night 6 times which is WONDERFUL! Before the schedule he would sleep through the night about 1 time a week, so this is much, much better. Keep your fingers crossed that he continues sleeping through the night more frequently. John and I feel like real people for the first time in months now that we're getting uninterrupted sleep!
For the past week Dawson has been biting everything again, so we think he might be working on a tooth. Don't look for any pictures of his first tooth any time soon though because we've thought that he has been teething about 4 times before with no tooth ever showing up! We will keep you posted on the news of the possible first tooth, though.
Last week John and I decided our little speed crawler needed a room where he could play and crawl that had a lot of open space and was mostly baby proofed, so we decided to convert our guest room to a playroom for Dawson. I was very hesitant to give up our guest room because I enjoy having a space for guests, but I knew Dawson would get more use from a playroom. So, we now have a playroom! Note to guests: We still welcome company at any time, and we have an air mattress you can sleep on! :)
After converting our guest room into a safe play area, I decided to invite some of Dawson friends over for a play date. His friends Matthew (9 months), Caroline (3 years), Jack (15 months) and their moms came over for a play date. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures, but they all played together and had a good time! I am planning another playdate this week and will have to remember to get out the camera.
We are looking forward to this week because our friend, Lance, is coming to visit on Thursday. One of John's friends, Brad, who interned with Target when John did is coming in town from Minneapolis on Tuesday evening for business, but is planning to stop by for a visit. We're looking forward to seeing friends from out of town this week and having a playdate!
Enjoy the pictures below...
Above: Dawson happy to be with his Lolly at Atlanta Bread.
Above: Dawson enjoying bread at Atlanta Bread.
We put a baby gate on the door to the playroom,
and Bentley always wants in while Dawson wants out!
thing to do is pull up on the baby gate (in
his pjs).
actually sleeping on an air mattress surrounded by toys. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment