Wednesday, May 19, 2010

12 Month Check-Up & More

Above: I sat up Bentley's pool (left) and Dawson's pool (right)
beside each other, and I thought each would play in their own
pool...yeah, right!
Above: Dawson pointing out his pool's water feature! :)

Above: Bentley and Dawson both try to catch the water
from the fountain!


Dawson and Bentley checking out the crab pool.



Dawson's cool pool!

Above: Even though Dawson had a cool pool of his own,
he went to visit Bentley in her pool.


Above: Dawson playing in Bentley's pool.

Above: Bentley playing in her pool.



Above: Dawson's first time drinking milk!

Above: The first sip of milk! Yay!!

Look how happy!?! He LOVES facing
forward in his seat. This was his first time
in the seat facing forward.
Again, first time forward facing. He kept talking
to us and kicking his feet. He was so happy!!

Dawson during our playgroup.

Some of the other kids playing during our
playgroup.

Dawson going for a walk in his birthday gift.
It is a trike for kids his age. It has a push bar
on the back so I can walk behind him and push
like a stroller. It also keeps him strapped in, and
he loves going for walks in it!
After he gets old enough for a real tricycle, he will
get to use mine from when I was little!
Above: One more picture before our walk.
I normally put the pictures at the bottom, but I accidentally mixed it up today. Keep reading to find out what all the pictures are from...
Tuesday was Dawson's 12 month check-up, and he got a great report card! :) The doctor said he is very healthy and right where he should be developmentally. He weighed in at 22 pounds 14 ounces and was 30.5 inches tall. When he was born he was 7lbs 13 oz and 19.5 inches long, so he has gained 15 pounds and 1 ounce and grown 11 inches in his first year! While we were at the doctor's office Dawson tried to explore the entire exam room and did not like for the doctor to look in his ears or listen to his heart. We did find out though that his first little ear infection from last week has completely cleared up. Overall, Dawson's 1 year check-up was uneventful, the biggest thing we will begin working on with him is switching him to cow's milk. We are also hoping that he will begin sleeping through the night since the doctor again confirmed for us that he does not need to be getting up during the night to eat, but we're not going to count on uninterrupted sleep happening any time soon!
Also, this week we invited some of Dawson's friends over to play, and we had the biggest turn out at one of our playgroups yet! We had 6 kids total and 4 moms! Dawson's friends Matthew (11.5 months), Jack (18 months), Ethan (21 months), Austin (21 months), and Caroline (3.5 years old) all got to come along with their mom's Stephanie, Heather, and Sara. We had a great time, but I had a hard time getting any good pictures with all of these kids on the move now!
John got to go play golf with a former coworker this week, and I went to a girls scrapbooking night this week also!
This week Dawson also got to try cow's milk for the first time and ride in his car seat facing forward. He LOVES being forward facing in the car. I am not sure who was more exciting about him being able to ride this way John and I or Dawson. It is so nice to be able to glance back and see him or hand him his cup or a toy!
Today is a scorcher here in Alabama. It was 93 degrees out at lunch time. To stay cool (and allow Dawson to spend some time outside today), I got out one of his birthday gifts we haven't used yet. I filled up his crab kiddie pool and put it in the backyard. I had to put Bentley's pool next to it to keep her out of Dawson's. (Yes, Bentley has a pool of her own. Every summer we get it out and fill it up every so often to let her cool off. She loves it!) Dawson liked splashing the water and being outside in general so I was able to get a few pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Jessica... there is NO WAY you thought that Bentley would actually stay away from what water-shooting crab ;) MISS YA!!! One more week of work and I'll come visit you again soon! -ABS

The Zorio Family said...

Haha! Thinking they would play in their own pools was wishful thinking. Bentley has had that pool for a couple of years now so she knows that it is hers. You're right though, I should have known how it would turn out! Haha! :) Can't wait to see you again.