Sunday, August 1, 2010

More Summer Fun!

We have had another busy couple of weeks here at the Zorio house. About a week and a half ago we took Dawson to the UAH duck pond, and it was a much different experience for him (and for the ducks) than when we took him back in May. This time he decided it was way more fun to chase the ducks than to actually feed or just watch them. When we first got there we had Dawson stay in his stroller and we pushed him around while we fed the ducks. He sat there nicely in his stroller watching the ducks come closer and closer. Then we decided he might like to get out. As soon as we let him out of the stroller he started chasing the ducks, many of which were the same height as Dawson! He had a great time chasing the ducks, and John helped him! :)
Then on Thursday, July 22 Dawson and I loaded up the car and drove to Tennessee. Dawson got to stay at his Lolly, Pop, and Uncle Logan's house for the weekend while I went to Charleston, South Carolina for a bachelorette party for my friend Lauren who is getting married next month. I had a hard time leaving Dawson, as usual, and I missed him so much! But Dawson had a great weekend. While staying in Tennessee he got to go visit his Nana and Grandad (John's parents) and his Great Mamaw (my grandmother). He also got to go on several walks each day around the neighborhood. While I was gone he started saying, "uh oh"! I had a good time in Charleston with my Sigma Kappa sorority sisters from UT shopping, going to the beach, and visiting. I was glad to get back to Dawson on Sunday evening, and Dawson and I were both excited to get home to John on Monday!!
This week we all just enjoyed being home together, and we took advantage of that by spending the majority of our time together in the playroom! Dawson loves books more and more each day and is constantly bringing us a book to read to him which I LOVE! He has also been more interested in his shape sorter again, and he can now reliably sort the square, circle, and triangle. He's even managed to get the heart shape in the sorter a couple of times. Dawson is still dancing to anything and everything that has music or has some sort of rhythm. This includes commercials, tv, radio, the fan, the washing machine, and the dish washer! He is also going through another phase where he likes you to ask him things to point out on his body. Now he will point to his hair, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and belly button. This week as also brought a new obsession....trying to pick up Bentley. Dawson is so interested in trying to pick her up which we don't allow. Poor Bentley just stands there like such a good dog and doesn't even walk away. Dawson is still loving the outdoors, and we go on at least two walks each day to allow him a little time outdoors in this heat. Dawson is at a very fun age and LOVES to play. We're enjoying every minute of playing with him! What could be more fun?!
I have posted some recent photos below. Enjoy!


Above: While John was at work one day last week
Dawson and I decided he needed some gel in his hair.
Check out this cool dude!
Above: Fixing Dawson's hair.

Above: John and Dawson at the UAH duck pond.


Above: John decided to help Dawson chase the ducks.



Above: More of Dawson chasing the ducks.

Above: More of Dawson trying to catch the ducks.

Above: Dawson trying to catch the ducks.

Above: Dawson trying to get as close as possible
to the ducks.

Above: Dawson pointing out a piece of food
that the ducks didn't eat.

No comments: