Last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we went to Tennessee for a short visit with family. When we arrived in Maryville we had dinner with Dawson's Nana, Grandad, Aunt Emmie, Cousin Drew, Lolly, Pop, and Uncle Logan. When we pulled in the driveway and let Dawson out of the car all of his grandparents were standing with their arms outstretched so Dawson could run to them. Dawson started running toward them from the car, and I wanted to see who he was going to (I was guessing it would be Grandad or Pop since Dawson always likes hanging out with the men!). Dawson kept on running right past them all though. He was so happy to be out of the car that just getting to run was the most fun to him! Dawson loved being the center of attention while we were visiting.
After dinner we headed to Lolly and Pop's house where they surprised Dawson with a John Deere tractor which Dawson calls his "Deere Lawn Mow!" Every time we're in Tennessee Dawson obsesses over riding on Pop's John Deere mower, and this time Dawson had one of his own. He rode it the entire rest of our visit! Now that we're home all he wants to do is ride it, so sometimes when it's about 100 degrees outside we have to let it "charge." :) He absolutely loves this mower though. He can ride it on the drive way and in our grass, but his favorite place to ride it is in the cul-de-sac because he can get up more speed! He rides big circles around the cul-de-sac, and all of our neighbors have commented that if the mower had a blade they would happily allow Dawson to mow their yards. Haha!
While we were in Tennessee I gave John's mom a few aprons I made for her bakery. I had so much fun sewing these aprons, and I, of course, took some pictures below.
On Thursday John had to head back to Alabama for work, but Dawson, Bentley, and I stayed until Friday afternoon so we could have a little more time to visit with everyone. I took Dawson by the elementary school where his Lolly works to have lunch with her/show him off to all her friends. :) After leaving the school Dawson requested to go to "Nana's Bakie" to eat a cookie. (He calls her bakery a bakie). So we stopped by for a chocolate chip cookie before going back to spend a little more time on the John Deere. We also got to visit with Dawson's Great Mamaw, Great Aunt Carolyn, and Great Aunt Phyllis before coming back home on Friday.
This weekend we have been riding the "Deere Lawn Mow" during every free moment. Saturday morning I also took Dawson to his friends, Ethan and Austin's third birthday party. He had fun playing with his friends and has been singing about their birthdays since the party! Yesterday we went swimming in the evening which Dawson loved, as usual.
Here are a few pictures...
As I've mentioned before Dawson LOVES
to read, and he has become really excited
recently about his library books! Here he is
looking through all his library books in
the yellow chair in his room. (That's a sucker
in his mouth that was a reward.)
Dawson runs his fingers across the words
on each page and pretends to read.
He was "reading" one of his favorites,
Rat-a-tat-tat and just suddenly started
laughing. I guess it was a funny part
in the story to him!
Showing off his sucker and talking about
his books.
Dawson's first ride on his "Deere Lawn
Mow" at Lolly and Pop's house!
Look what a big boy!!
This is my favorite apron that I made for the bakery.
The pocket on the apron above.
Another apron for the bakery.
Another bakery apron I made.
The apron above had two pockets like this on it.
Isn't this pretty fabric? It was easy to make a cute
apron with all this cute fabric!
I gave this apron a pocket at the top!
The last apron I made for the bakery.
No comments:
Post a Comment