Over the past several weeks we have stayed very busy! Saturday, August 13th, we had a surprise going away party for our friends, the Heaton's. They moved to Illinois, and we are going to miss them a lot! I know John will miss golfing with Eric, and Dawson and I are going to miss having playdates with Jack, Gabriel, and their mom, Heather. It was fun to get together one last time before they left Alabama, though. I think there were 10 adults and 5 kids that were at their going away party.
Dawson has continued to LOVE checking books out from the library each week. A couple of weeks ago we checked out a book titled On Our Way Home. It is about a Daddy Bear and a Boy Bear and what they see on their way home. On one page the bears are high up on a mountain watching the sun set, and for some reason Dawson LOVED this page. Every time we read this book he would stop on this page and ask, "Dawson go on the mountain, please?" He couldn't stop talking about the mountain and wanting to go. Finally we took him up to Rainbow Mountain (not a real mountain compared to those in East Tennessee, but it worked). We walked along a very short trail on the mountain, like the bears. We also played on the playground up there. Dawson claimed he saw a frog two times, but John and I never saw it! Then John and Dawson climbed up on a big rock just like the Daddy Bear and Boy Bear in the book. Dawson was thrilled with Rainbow Mountain, and he has continued to talk about the mountain ever since. It's so funny what he becomes interested in!
Last week I took Dawson to feed the ducks at Dublin, and he had a blast! We have been saving and freezing our bread ends for a long time for the ducks, and we still have enough left for several more visits to the ducks. Dawson had a ball feeding the ducks. After spending about 30 minutes at the pond, we went up to the Kid's Kingdom playground there where Dawson always has fun!
Dawson continues to love to play with his grill he got from Jeannie for his birthday. He grills hot dogs and hamburgers for me, John, and Bentley....all topped with ketchup! He loves to wear his little apron while he's "cookin'" (as he calls it) and warn us continually that the grill is HOT!
John has been working some different hours recently (just temporarily), but it left Dawson and I to find fun things to do over the weekend. I was so excited the Huntsville Botanical Gardens was having their Green U on Saturday. It was the third time they have held this, but the past two years we have been traveling so I was excited to get to go this year! It was all (obviously) outside, and there was surprisingly a nice breeze blowing. We had fun visiting all the different booths. Dawson had fun making a bird feeder out of a pine cone, Crisco, and bird seed. We're planning to hang it outside this afternoon.
Dawson also dug some worms out of a dirt that we brought home to add to our garden. He was very careful not to get dirt on himself, though! (That's my boy!) Dawson also got to make recycled paper. We shredded newspaper, used a hand blender (I did this part), poured it over a screen, let it dry, and got to bring a piece home. Dawson was very proud of his paper! Dawson also had fun playing in the sand with all the other kids there. Probably the highlight of the event for Dawson was getting to pet Mighty the turtle. We have talked about Mighty A LOT since visiting Green U, and that was the first thing he told John when he got home from work.
That does it for now! We have a lot going on in the coming weeks so we will have more updates soon! Enjoy the pictures below...
This picture is a little blurry, but I still had to share it.
Dawson and Jude always have a blast playing together.
We went over for a playdate a couple of weeks ago,
and the boys had fun riding their tractors and trucks
to work. When asked where they worked, Jude said
he worked in Heaven (so sweet!). Dawson said he
worked at Target. :)
Daddys and boys at the Heaton's Surprise Going
Away Party. Above: Dawson, Daddy, Eric, Jack, Hunter,
Jude, Gabe, and Jasper.
Dawson swinging with his friend Jack.
The other day Dawson came walking
into the living room wearing my
orange heels. He could walk surprisingly
well in them, and it was hilarious that
he picked the pair that matched his shirt.
SO FUNNY!
He probably won't like these pictures
when he's older, but I couldn't miss
this photo op!
Daddy and Dawson walking on a trail
on Rainbow Mountain.
Standing on a rock just like Daddy Bear
and Boy Bear in the book!
Dawson claiming he saw a frog and
running around to find the frog!
Throwing bread to the ducks at Dublin.
Chasing the ducks.
More feeding the ducks.
Such a big boy!
Bentley watching Dawson grill.
Waiting for her burger or hot dog from
the grill.
Dawson sharing a burger with Bentley.
Dawson loves playing with Bentley. I wish the sunlight
wasn't in this picture.
Petting Mighty the turtle at Green U.
2 comments:
Aw, we loved the "On Our Way Home" book too! And I hate we didn't see you guys at Green U. I'm guessing we had left by the time you got there? We went from about 9:30 to 11:30.
Uh, I can't believe we didn't see you all!! Dawson and I were there from 9-10:30!
Post a Comment