On Thursday, we had a little Halloween party for his friends at our house. Caroline, Matthew, Jude, Jasper, Jayden, Jordan, and Caitlin all came over dressed in costume! All of the kids dressed in costume, and Dawson has talked about each friends' costume since the party...especially Matthew the frog!
The kids played for a little while in their costumes. Then, Dawson couldn't wait any longer, so we had snacks...cupcakes were specifically what Dawson was waiting on. When I finally told him we could eat, he announced, "CUPCAKE TIME!!" Then he sat at the table as everyone made their plate and told each person that he helped make the cupcakes with sprinkles! After some snack time and more playing, the kids did a little art project. We bought a small pumpkin for each kid to paint (with washable paint, of course). They had fun doing this, and then they were ready to play a little more. I think all the kids had fun, I know Dawson and I did! I especially loved getting to see all his little friends in their costumes.
Over the weekend we carved pumpkins, which turned into John playing with Dawson while I carved because Dawson said it was "ewie" and "gross" and "I don't like it....DON'T!" He may look just like John, but he is so much like me...he cannot stand to get dirty, so me telling him to help me scoop out the pumpkins was too much! He wanted to carve a dino into his pumpkin instead of a face, so we had one with a dino on it. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our very short-lived family pumpkin carving experience.
On Monday it was finally Halloween. We told Dawson that when it started getting dark we would put on his costume. He kept asking if it was time, and we would send him to the window to tell us if it was light or dark. This started around the middle of the afternoon. :) Finally about 45 minutes before we were supposed to meet our friends to start trick-or-treating, Dawson couldn't wait anymore. So we put on his costume and let him play in it for a little while. It worked out great though, because it gave us some time to take pictures too.
Our plan was that for the first half of trick-or-treating, I would take Dawson and John would hand out candy, then we would switch. We didn't have many trick-or-treaters on our cul-de-sac this year though, so after a little while John just joined us!
Dawson had a blast trick-or-treating. We met up with his friend Connor who lives in our neighborhood and another little boy they know. Dawson almost could not contain himself, and practically ran from one house to the next. He was very good, but he just wanted to move quickly to each house because it was so much fun to him! At one point he ran back, held Connor's hand, and started practically dragging his friend to the next house. Silly boy! After his friends called it a night, Dawson was still up for going to some more houses, so we let him trick-or-treat a little while longer before heading home. He walked the whole night which was well over a mile. When we got back to the house we told him he could dump out his candy in the playroom floor and have a couple of pieces. He was so excited with all the candy he had!
John and I loved seeing how excited he got over his costume, trick-or-treating, and his candy. :) He did a great job remembering to say "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" at each house, and he also loved to comment on each person's jack-o-lantern before attempting to blow out the candle inside (oops!).
This was the most fun Halloween yet, and I'm sure it will only get better as Dawson gets older!
Dawson after church in one of
his new bow ties I made for him.
On Saturday night he requested
that I make him a new bow tie and
that he get to wear his boat shoes
to church the next morning. Silly
boy loves his clothes!
(Just this morning I dressed him
in a polo shirt that had the gap bear
logo on it, he looked down and
said, "this shirt is from gap kids!")
Last week we went in Old Navy, and Dawson
kept standing with the manikins and posing.
When we asked him what he was doing he said
he was being a "man-kin." I had my camera
in the bag and had to snap a picture.
Show my your gnome beard.
Our gnome in the flower bed.
We had him stand where our gnome
stands in the flower bed!
Gnome Dawson is much cuter!
Gnome Dawson sitting on
our pumpkins last week before
we carved them.
More of my sweet little gnome!
He was so excited to be in costume
he couldnt' be still!
Left to Right: Jasper, Dawson, Caroline,
Jude, Matthew, Jordan, Jayden, and Caitlin
in front. All his friends at the Halloween Party.
Some of the snacks at our Halloween Party.
Dawson was very interested in Baby Caitlin
at the party. He talked to her in a sweet
little voice. Big brother in the making!
Dawson painted a pumpkin at the party, but
the next morning he decided his needed more
paint. So I took off his shirt and let him work
on it some more.
Some of the pumpkins painted by Dawson's
friends at the party.
Our roaming gnome!
I just liked this picture because we have a
similar one of Dawson running right here
with his arms out in his cow costume last
Halloween!
Mommy and her sweet little gnome
before trick-or-treating.
(16 weeks pregnant with our little pea)
Our silly gnome blowing out the candles
in our jack-o-lanterns. He did not want to
leave then lit at all!
Daddy and his little gnome!
Since Dawson got dressed in costume
SO early and could not wait, we did
three trial runs of trick-or-treating.
Dawson and I would walk up the driveway,
ring the bell, say the words, and Daddy would
give candy. :)
Dawson and Connor trick-or-treating.
More trick-or-treating.
Dawson showing off his loot!
(thank goodness he has a
regular dentist appointment
scheduled for next week! haha)
1 comment:
LOVE IT!!!
Love the costume, and love how much he was into it this year... sounds like a little mini me so many years ago (and last monday ;) )
Post a Comment