On Wednesday, Dawson's Advent Gift was a Gingerbread House. I knew he was going to be thrilled to put it together because he has been asking to make one every time we go to Target and he sees the sample one in the bakery.
He sat for almost an entire hour at the kitchen table working on his Gingerbread House, and that's a long time for an active 2.5 year old boy. He kept asking me to get the camera and take pictures. He was so proud of his work!
Obviously I helped, but he did almost all of the candy placement on his own! Now it's sitting in the kitchen, and he goes by to check on it about every half hour!
Here are the pictures from the construction of the house....
Dawson about to get started on the Gingerbread
House. He was really excited about all the candy too!
Dawson was so proud of the final project!
Dawson's Gingerbread House Masterpiece!
At church Dawson worked with one of his favorite
Sunday School teacher, Ms. Dianne, to make
this sweet Christmas book. I love the cover-a
tree made out of his hand prints!
Page 2: A manager for Baby Jesus.
(I can tell Dawson enjoyed using glue to
put all these little pieces of paper on!)
Page three: Angel.
Page 4: The star. They rolled a marble
around in a box with paint to make the cool
design around the star!
Page 5: This is a birthday cake for Jesus.
John and I have a tradition of picking out a
new Hallmark ornament every year for our tree.
This year John had the great idea to always let
the kids pick out one fun ornament for the tree too!
This year since Carter didn't have much input :)
Dawson picked this John Deere ornament for our tree.
He loves to look at it on the tree and talk about how he
picked it out!
23 Week Update
At 23 Weeks Carter is becoming more and more active-if that's even possible! We can now regularly SEE his movements, rather than just feel them. It's hard to believe we're only 17 weeks from the due date! We cannot wait!
Dawson wanted to be in the 23
week picture, but he looks like he's
hiding behind Carter just a little!
23 Weeks Pregnant with Carter.
Our wonderful friends, Josh and Cassandra, sent us the
first gift we've received for Baby Carter.
Is this baby blanket not adorable!?! It's
so soft, and, of course, I love the most that
it has his name on it. I'm already envisioning
a picture of him curled up sleeping on this blanket
as a newborn! Thanks, Whites! We love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment