Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Pea in the Pod: 22 Week Update

As of Wednesday I reached the 22nd week of my pregnancy with Carter.  I have not updated since week 18, so I have four of the weekly pictures to share-and there's no worry that Baby Carter is growing in there, as you'll be able to see!  We've had a couple of doctor's appointments since I last updated, and everything seems to be going well.  The doctor did tell me that Carter is measuring 4 weeks ahead.  When I was pregnant with Dawson he measured ahead from week 28 on, so this time I was not too surprised at all!  My doctor also said it's not a big deal. 
Carter seems to be following exactly in Dawson's footsteps already because he moves CONSTANTLY just like Dawson did.  Some of his movements are already visible just by watching my stomach move, and of course, these strong movements can be felt.  Dawson likes to put his hand on my tummy and wait to feel Carter move-so sweet!
Speaking of Big Brother Dawson, the other day at Dawson's swim lesson I was in the pool trying to convince Dawson to get his entire face wet.  Suddenly, Dawson looked down at my stomach and asked, "Is Carter in the water?"  I told him yes, and then he started getting his face wet!  Hah!  Also, sometimes when Dawson wants to sit on my lap leaned against my tummy, he will say that he wants to sit beside Carter.  :)
As far as planning for Carter's arrival- A few people have asked me about the nursery theme for Baby Carter, and it will be sailboats like Dawson's nursery.  I have picked out the cloth diapers we will be using, but we haven't started stocking up on them yet.  In January after we get settled in Tennessee, the more extensive planning for Carter's arrival will begin!
We are so excited that we're now only 18 weeks from the due date, and we can't wait to hold our little pea in the pod!  For now, here are the "Watch Baby Carter Grow" pictures! 

19 Weeks Pregnant with Carter

20 Weeks Pregnant with Carter

21 Weeks Pregnant with Carter

22 Weeks Pregnant with Carter

No comments: