Friday, June 22, 2012

Carter at Two Months

Carter is now two months old!  I still feel like he is our brand new baby, but at the same time, it seems like he has always been a part of our family.  He is SUCH an easy and happy baby!  Because he's so happy and easy, Dawson's life hasn't changed much at all now that he has a sibling, we still go and do everything like before--and Carter just tags along, happily! 
Carter loves to relax in his swing or bouncy seat which is wonderful for me, as well!  He also likes to play on his back time gym, and he has recently started swatting at the three toys that hang down.  I made such a big deal out of it the first time he did it, that now when Dawson notices him doing it-he claps and cheers saying, "Good job, Carter, you just hit your toy!  Good job hitting that!"  Carter smiles all the time now and laughs a lot too!  He smiles the most for his big brother, which I think he so sweet. 
Carter currently eats about ever 2.5 hours during the day which isn't too bad at all.  At night he usually goes about 3 hours the first time and then two 2 hour stretches.  At his check up his doctor encouraged me to try to make him wait a little longer between feedings because he weighs enough to be able to go longer, but it's hard for me to know he wants to eat and not feed him...so I've just been feeding him like before whenever he's hungry...although, I do agree that he COULD go longer.  Also, he sooo good about going right back to sleep after he's done eating during the night, that it's honestly just easier for me to feed him and go back to bed...rather than holding him off which means I'm awake longer. 
At his 2 month checkup Carter weighed a healthy 12 pounds 6 ounces and is growing just like he should be in weight, length, and head circumference.  He is also doing all the things he should be developmentally.  Overall the appointment was uneventful (a good thing), except that he had to have a couple of shots. 
I HATE it when my kids have to have shots, I especially hate having to hold them down while they get the shots, so I was dreading this part of the appointment!  After his shots he napped a lot the rest of the day, and then that night he got a fever (never going above 100.3, but still that's a higher fever than Dawson has EVER had in his entire three years, so I wasn't thrilled about that).  Also the night after he got his shots, he wanted to eat about every hour-I'm sure just for comfort since he wasn't feeling well.  So I fed him whenever he wanted to eat.  By the next evening he was back to his normal happy healthy self, and was back to his normal eating schedule..thank goodness!  But then the next day his fever went back up just to right around 100, so on Thursday I had to take him back to the doctor.  He had gained 3 ounces between Monday and Thursday and was up to 12 pounds 9 ounces.  The doctor checked him over and could find nothing wrong at all which means it was still lingering effects of the shots.  If he's not back to normal by Saturday, they want to see him again...but I am very thankful that he's doing better already.  I think I'm going to try to schedule his next appointment when he has to have shots on a night that John's off work though!  :)
The first two months with Carter have been such a joy, and we all love him so much!  He is the happiest baby, and he loves to chat.  We think he's such a chatter because he's trying to compete with big brother to get a word in.  Here are some pictures of our sweet, smiley, brown-eyed Carter  (yes, we can tell for sure know that his eyes are brown-so I got one blue-eyed and one brown-eyed boy!)!  On to the pictures...


 Carter's official 2 month picture.

 Carter at 2 months Dawson 3 years.

 Sweet brothers.

 My poor baby after getting his shots.
Check out his band aid (that matches
his onsie).  He napped most of the
afternoon after getting his shots.

 Carter's on his 2 month birthday
in the same outfit Dawson wore on
his 2 month birthday and sitting in
the same chair!

 Looking a little serious.
(Check out those toes, they are
ALWAYS spread like that!)

 Dawson was sitting beside me
talking to Carter, and here Carter
is laughing at Dawson!

And just for fun...
This picture is of Dawson in the
same outfit, in the same chair
on his 2 month birthday weighing
12 pounds 12 ounces.

No comments: