Monday, July 16, 2012

June Part 2 AND July Part 1

The second half of June was equally as busy as the first!  We love staying busy so we were happy!  I had the opportunity to have lunch at Cheddars with my best friend from high school, Cassie, and we had a great time catching up as usual!  Dawson's friend Charlie and his mom, Andrea, came over to play with us by themselves once, and the following week they came over for a playdate along with a couple of friends we've met through them.  Including Carter and Dawson there were 5 little boys here to play!
On June 23rd Pop took Dawson to another Lowes Build It Clinic where he made a Madagascar Assault Vehicle (we just call it a Madagascar Vehicle!), and he earned another badge for his work apron.
The following evening my Aunt and Uncle had a cookout at their house.  Dawson and I twisted some dairy-free pretzels to take to share, and I took Dawson and Carter-since it was John's weekend to work.  Lolly held Carter, while I went with Dawson for a ride on the Dove's boat.  It was great to see everyone!!
On the last Wednesday of June I volunteered to host a playdate for the meet-up group at my house.  There were 5 other kids who came to play with Dawson, and Carter slept the majority of the time.
Also in June, we decided to let Dawson use part of his birthday gift from his Lolly and Pop-a certificate for him to go to Putt-Putt Golf and Games!  We left Carter with Lolly and Pop so that the evening could be all about Dawson.  This was Dawson's first time playing putt putt, and he loved it!  We were not sure if he would stay focused for 18 holes, but he was so into it!  John showed him how to do it, and he was pretty good!  I have always heard stories about how much John loved putt putt as a child, so I was excited to see Dawson loving it just as much...and I think it was special for John.  John got a few holes in one, and I got one hole in one.  Dawson actually would do really well, but when his ball got within about two feet of the hole, he would move it really close and then hit it in...hey, it worked for him!  After 18 holes, we went inside for ice cream (well, those of us who are eating dairy did!), and then we played kiddie arcade games.  Dawson got enough tickets to get a couple handfuls of tootsie rolls and two tattoos!  He had a great night!  Carter did perfectly, and, I'm sure, enjoyed being with his Lolly and Pop.
The last Friday of June, I went to my friend Andrea's baby shower.  She is having a baby girl in August, and it was SO fun to go to a girl shower-since the majority of my friends have boys!  Everything was so adorable-monogrammed, ruffled, and pink with bows!  While I was at the shower John took Dawson to the duck pond which is probably Dawson's favorite place to go, and Lolly spent a little time with Carter so Dawson could have one-on-one Daddy time!
On July 1st, the John Deere obsession continued at our house when Nana and Grandad gave Dawson a John Deere Gator.  Dawson absolutely loves his Gator, and he talks about it non-stop!  The week he got it we had record-breaking temperatures (up to 105 degrees!), but it did not phase our Gator-loving boy!  Dawson is especially excited for Carter to get bigger since there are two seats.  He constantly talks about where Carter will ride right beside him, and he tells me things that Carter will say when they are riding in the Gator together.  The Gator goes 4.5 miles per hour, has 2 gears plus a reverse, and you would think Dawson had taken driving lessons.  He is surprisingly good at it!  He can even back it UP the ramp into the shed!  I'm impressed.
The first Monday of July we met Charlie and Andrea at Smart Toys and Books for another Thomas Play Day.  The boys had a great time playing with trains, listening to a story, and coloring/painting with Do-A-Dots on Thomas coloring pages.
On the 4th of July, John happened to be off so we spent time playing at the house, and then went to the Zorio's for dinner.
Later that week we went to the zoo and Grandad came with us.  This time I took Dawson's water clothes for him to play in the new GIANT splash pad too, but he wasn't as into it as I thought.  He really just loves the zoo and the splash pad was a little bonus!  It was super hot, but everyone was a trooper and had a good time! 
Recently, Dawson also got to spend a night with Nana and Grandad and a night with Lolly and Pop. He enjoys the special time with his grandparents.
I feel like I haven't written much about Carter, but don't worry, his monthly update will be posted soon!  He's such an easy baby that he just goes along with us on all of these things we have done!
(Make sure you scroll down after the pictures, because I also did another blog post today on Father's Day!)

Carter starting to get a little
hot in his seat in the stroller.
I got him out right after this, and
took him inside to cool him down.
He was so good though!

Dawson checking out the splash
pad!  I would have loved to get in
it, it was so hot! I couldn't believe
he wasn't more excited...I think he
was just worn out at this point!

Oh, the Gator!  Dawson proudly showing it
off for the camera.

I think this boy might just be
a future AGR...John Deere shirt,
check, John Deere gator, check!

Showing me the seat where Carter will
ride.  He said, "Carter will say, 'I need
to hold on!'"  Haha!

Feeding and chasing the geese at the
duck pond...we would be here every
day if I let him!

Dawson and Charlie putting some trains
through the train wash at the Thomas
Play Date.

Figuring out how to get the stuck trains
out of the train wash...team work!

More Gator pictures!  I love the intensity!

Changing gears!

John and Grandad were assembling it in
the playroom since it was about 200 degrees
outside, and Dawson had to sit on it
while he was resting and having a snack...
I'm sure this made it much easier to put
together. Haha!

Dawson and Mommy playing putt putt.
This was after my hole in one!

Carter has been enjoying tummy time
a little more, meaning he doesn't get
worked up after only 3 or 4 minutes. 
Apparently tummy time is serious business,
look at that face!

Small smirk!  My sweet baby!

(These pictures are all out of order
for no reason, sorry!)
Dawson with Daddy after his hole
in one!

Dawson putting on his own
through the tunnel hole.

Serious putting!

(Out of order again, sorry!)
John showing Dawson how to do it on the
first hole!  This is history in the making,
you'll see Dawson on the golf channel
in a few years!  :)

No comments: