Our sweet baby is five months! For some reason this month milestone seemed particularly sad for us that he is already almost half a year old!! Slow down, time! We want to keep Carter a sweet, little baby forever! :)
At the same time, though, we joyfully watch as Carter is growing and developing. Carter is such a happy baby! He loves to laugh-he laughs when tickled, at his big brother, and sometimes for no reason at all-just because he's happy!
This month Carter started doing a lot more "playing." He loves to have toys to hold, shake, manipulate, and most of all, put in his mouth! We got out Dawson's Sophie the Giraffe, and Carter loves chewing on it and making it squeak just like his big brother did when he was little.
During this month Carter spent a lot of time playing in his exersaucer and can now turn all the way around it in. He does great sitting int he Bumbo. he loves rolling-front to back or back to front-so when he does tummy time or his backtime gym he's all over the playroom now!
Carter is a cuddly baby-which I take full advantage of! He loves to sit on my lap facing out and watch big brother too! While on my lap I always clap and do nursery rhymes with him like Pat-a-Cake, so he has learned to put his hands on mind and clap. Dawson thinks this is great!
Carter is such an eater! At his doctor's recommendation we are still doing rice cereal but have also given him banana. On his 5 month birthday we started giving him sweet potatoes too! He LOVES them! And he eats a lot too! I have started making baby food again- and getting out all the supplies brings back such happy memories of making Dawson's food too! I am planning to make 100% of Carter's food and not buy any store baby food-just like I did for Dawson.
During his 5th month Carter got to go on his first beach vacation with John, Dawson, and Mommy. He was a happy beach baby on the trip. He doesn't have another check up until six months, so we don't have an official stats for his length and weight, but he is obviously growing!! He is getting stronger and stronger and can hold his body upright better each day so we know it won't be too long before he sits on his own.
(Just as a side note, since this posting has an October date-I wrote this post out on the day Carter turned 5 months (as I always do for the monthly updates), however, due do being out of our home due to the flood I was unable to post the blog until now that we've figured out how to get our laptop online at John's parents house! So all of the pictures and information were current as of Sept. 13 when he turned 5 months!)
On to the pictures...
Now with two very active boys,
the monthly brothers picture
was a little more difficult!
Look at these sweet boys!
Carter would not stop moving!
Finally we I laid him down a little
so he would be more calm for the picture.
My two sweet boys!
Carter at 5 months.
Carter at 5 months.
Look at those sweet cheeks!
Love him!
I have a very similar picture
of Dawson like this at this age!
Carter 5 months.
Trying the sweet potatoes for the
first time on his 5 month birthday.
Oh my, messy, messy!
There all gone?!
More sweet potatoes, please!
No comments:
Post a Comment