Thursday, May 16, 2013

Carter at 13 Months

Monday, May 13 Carter turned 13 months!  He is so fun and has so much personality at this age!  We love it!  He thinks he is so big now that he's walking all the time is really fast too!  He tries to do EVERYTHING Dawson does!  He especially loves when Dawson takes him for rides in the Gator...the bumpier the ride, the happier Carter is!  He is also really affectionate. He loves to give open mouth kisses on your cheek randomly.  He also will just suddenly walk over and give me, John, or Dawson a hug!  Any toy that's soft, he hugs!  He LOVES swinging outside and being outside in general!  He has fun playing at the sand table and in the sandbox too!  Every evening after dinner we go for a walk, and he enjoys riding in his stroller relaxing or better yet riding the push handle tricycle through the neighborhood! 
One of his funniest new tricks is sneezing!  We have all been sneezing lately with allergies, and any time anyone sneezes Carter yells "AHH DA!" as if he's trying to imitate our sneeze noise.  It's hilarious, and we often pretend to sneeze just to hear it! 
He is still saying all the words I have listed in previous months but has started saying, "Thank dee" for thank you, "Birrr" for bird, and he now says "All done" with perfect clarity!  His VERY VERY favorite word to say again this month is "uh oh!"  He says this A LOT!  Often the first word I hear in the morning is Carter saying "uh oh" as he wakes up.  He also says "Goggie" for Doggie, but he isn't too fond of Bentley when we visit my parents house.  I think it's just because she tries to lick him constantly! 
Carter had become a little bit of a picky eater at the end of the 12th month, but his eating has picked back up!  His favorite foods are peas, green beans, chicken nuggets, Cheerios in milk, bagels, string cheeses, yogurt, applesauce, and literally ANY fruit!  His least favorite foods are anything I have to feed to him on a spoon because he prefers to feed himself...which is nice, but he is also SO messy!  Carter is very independent!
Carter loves to play with his brother more than anyone else, and often times he cries when his brother leaves.  John and I joke that Carter is more attached to Dawson than to us, but I think it's really just that Dawson is so much more fun and entertaining for him!  One of his favorite things to play with brother inside is when they set up the tent in the playroom.  Dawson always drags a bunch of toys inside the tent, and Carter loves to go sit inside there with Dawson.  They both just laugh the whole time.  It's really sweet.
We absolutely love Carter's personality at this age.  He is such a funny, sweet, and silly boy!
Carter being silly while I'm trying to take his 13 month pictures.

I love that sweet little face!

Carter and Dawson.

These boys got so silly while I was trying to take their pictures.  At the end Carter stood up on the chair (don't worry I was right there!), walked over and sat on Dawson like this.  Then he just squealed and laughed.  They can be so wild together sometimes! :)

No comments: