We had another ultrasound on May 3rd and we got to see her sweet face in 4D. At the same moment John and I both said, "Wow, her nose and lips look like Carter!" We will see who she really looks like come August, but it was surprising that we could tell who she resembled at this stage! I will try to get that image posted, but it's on a disk right now that's not compatible with our computer. She looked very healthy in the ultrasound and there were no concerns! (This was our 5th ultrasound with Nora Kate, but it was still just as exciting!)
At my May 3rd doctor's appointment, I also had the yucky glucose test done. I wasn't at all concerned with it, until I failed?! I couldn't believe it because I have felt so well, and honestly I've been eating healthier than I did when I was pregnant with Dawson or Carter. So now I am on a restricted diet which is no fun! I just got off the dairy restricted diet when Carter outgrew the allergy, and could eat as I pleased for a few weeks...but now I have to watch carbs and sugars to keep the blood sugar levels in check. I also have to do finger sticks five times a day and keep track of my sugar levels-which have never been out of suggested range so I think I'm doing okay! This isn't the most fun thing to have to do, but I am thankful that I'm feeling good...I think it'd be worse to be feeling awful and trying to keep up with Dawson and Carter, so I can manage the restricted eating and finger sticks. Plus, the gestational diabetes will go away as soon as Nora Kate arrives!
In about a week we will be moving Dawson and Carter into the same bedroom, and THEN we can start working on Nora Kate's nursery!!! I'm so excited to start getting it set up for her. We will be painting the room a soft pink, and we already have the bedding and have purchased a couple of things to decorate the walls with. We have also started purchasing little girl clothes which are all so cute and so fun! A little girl can't have too many pink dresses, right!? We are having a lot of fun starting to prepare for Nora Kate, and within the next month we hope to make a lot of progress in our preparations!
Dawson talks about Nora Kate a lot!! He is so sweet-every night at bedtime he remembers to thank God for her when he's listing all of our family members. When he's wanting everyone to do something he will say, "Daddy, Mommy, Carter, Nora Kate-everybody come in here!" He never leaves her out! He asks frequently if she can hear him and if she can talk, cry, or make noise in my tummy. Any time we see anything pink he tells us we should get it for Nora Kate. The other day at Target he saw a pink step stool, and said we should probably get it for Nora Kate to use when she washes her hands at the sink. Nora Kate is going to be one lucky little girl to have two great big brothers!
We are so excited to be preparing for Nora Kate's arrival!
27 Weeks...Nora Kate is obviously growing!
My companion for the next 13 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment