Monday, June 3, 2013

Big Boy Brothers Room

Saturday, May 25, we took on the task of moving the boys into the same room!  Luckily our house has large bedrooms, so even though Dawson and Carter are now sharing no one is cramped for space.  The room we had been using as Carter's nursery was the biggest of the bedrooms and had two closets, so it was the perfect room for us to move the boys in to.  We decided to continue the dino theme that we had already started for Dawson in his room.
For the boys' birthdays, Lolly and Pop gave them new matching plaid comforters for what Dawson started calling "the big boy brothers room."  We got a new crib for Carter, and Nora Kate will use the crib and nursery set that both boys have used (we wanted all of the kids to use the same furniture in their nurseries).
The boys spent Saturday morning playing at Lolly and Pop's house so we could work on the room!  Grandad came, and helped John assemble the new crib, take the other crib apart and then reassemble it in Nora Kate's room while I worked on the bedding, arranging, and hanging things on the walls.
It was a little sad to take down all of Carter's nursery décor, but it was fun putting up big boy things for him!
So here are some pictures!
 
The view from the hallway looking into their room.
The little red rocking chair was mine when I was little.
The closet pictured is Carter's

Dawson's closet can be seen on the left and
his name and dino décor over the bed.

I made the lamp shade and all of the things on the wall in this picture, so I wanted to find the perfect place for them to be used again in their new dino room!

Here's Carter's side of the room!

I love seeing the matching comforters and pillows in Carter's crib and on Dawson's bed! 

I didn't want Carter to be left of out having his name on the wall, but I wanted something a little different.  So I made these out of blocks of wood, wooden letters, and fabric (the same fabric I used for the frame with Dawson's name over his bed). 

When we picked the boys up from Lolly and Pop's house, Dawson was so excited to come home and see his room!  This picture doesn't quiet show his excitement, but he ran in and immediately checked everything out while jumping up and down.

Carter immediately ran to the crib to check things out!

Both boys loved their new "big boy brothers room."

Carter picks up all the dinos in the room, hugs them, and says "doggie."  At least he likes the décor?!
 
So far the boys have far exceeded our expectations on sharing a room.  We had one day where they had trouble settling down at naptime in there together, and one day Dawson informed us he climbed into Carter's crib to wake him up (ahh!) and then climbed back out (nervous Mommy and Daddy!!).  We weren't sure if this was true, but he showed us just how he did it.  We have had several talks and he's not going to do this anymore!  :)  Overall, though they are doing AWESOME about sharing a room, and they both love being in their new room together!
Sweet brothers!

No comments: