Wow, it's hard to believe that August is over! It seems like everything we were doing and had planned centered around August-Nora Kate's due date and Carter becoming a big brother, Dawson's first day of preschool and beginning of soccer. But now that all of those things have happened, we're on to September and wondering what to do since we hadn't really planned anything past Nora Kate's due date! :) It's actually really nice that we don't have much planned because this allows us to be at home as much as possible and attempt to find a routine around all of these changes.
We did have an awesome August, though! I've already written about most of the big events from the month-Dawson's first day of preschool and soccer, Carter's first hair cut, and, of course, Nora Kate's birth-but we did a few more things in August that I don't want to have forgotten either!
August 2nd we had a play date at the park with some friends! It was perfect because Dawson's friend (Jay) who is about a week older than him was able to come along with his older brother and Carter's friend, Magnolia, who is a few weeks older than him came too. So both boys had kids their age to play with! The kids rode their bikes, we had snacks, and we took along Dawson and Carter's parachute to enjoy with friends. It was a hot, hot day, but we were able to take advantage of the pavilion's shade and had fun doing the parachute there!
Dawson and Carter love to go to the park to ride their bikes! We had a fun time at Sandy Springs with Dawson riding along the trails and John and I taking turns pushing Carter.
We rode to the playground at Sandy Springs so we could have some playtime!
Dawson and Carter have started really playing together pretty well. I love to watch how sweet they are when they interact like this. I was in the kitchen getting their lunch ready and was surprised not to have them both glued to my side in the kitchen, so I looked in the playroom to find them talking about and working on these tractors! So sweet!
The Thursday before Nora Kate's due date, we met some friends at Gym Bugs to play for the morning! I had been forever since I had taken the kids there, and Dawson AND Carter had a blast this time. Everything there was the perfect size for Carter, and he loved it!!
We attended Olivia's first birthday pool party.
Dawson had a blast swimming with his Daddy and with his friend Charlie!
During John's time off from work after Nora Kate was born, we decided to take the kids to the zoo for the morning! Carter crawled behind Dawson into the prairie dog tunnel for the first time!
Carter loved playing in the mist, and he'd hold his hands out like this every time with this serious look on his face!
Driving the zoo safari truck.
Our first zoo outing with THREE kids!
Dawson loves the Wee Play area at the zoo. He cooked us a lot of delicious pizza here! :)
Dawson got really close to this gorilla who was eating pasta noodles by the glass! This was the first time we had gotten this good of a view of the gorillas in this particular exhibit!
John took the boys to the duck pond one evening!
(For several days, Dawson was on a kick of wanting to wear this Hawaiian shirt EVERYDAY! So every night I washed it. This particular day he decided to wear it with gym shorts! haha!)
I took the kids to visit their Great Mamaw at the end of August. I plan to write more about this in Nora Kate's weekly update, but I wanted to go ahead and share the pictures of them with Mamaw now.
That wraps up August for us! Although we don't have a lot planned for September, we do have a few exciting things-Emily's wedding and John's birthday are both in the second half of the month.
No comments:
Post a Comment