Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nora Kate is 3 Weeks

Time is passing way to quickly!  Nora Kate is 3 weeks old today.  During her third week, John had to go back to work.  I am so grateful that he got to take two weeks vacation to stay home with us.  This time was very special because with either of the boys he was never able to take this much time.  It was wonderful because he got to spend a lot of extra time with Dawson and Carter (which they, of course, loved!), help me (a lot!), and spend the precious first days with Nora Kate as well.  I was sad for his time off to come to and end.
During her third week, Nora Kate had some fussier days here and there and had a few days where she didn't sleep well at all, BUT, thank goodness, I think things are improving!!!
As for sleep, Nora Kate is sleeping longer stretches of time than either of the boys did at this age (she will usually go one long stretch of time that is between 3 and 4 hours during the night!), but the only difference is that both boys would always go right back to sleep, but Nora Kate sometimes stays awake and fusses for an hour or more.  She's starting to improve on this, I think!  :)
She's a great eater and has been since the beginning.  I'm estimating her to be over 8 pounds now, since she was gaining an ounce a day.  I can tell she's gained because she's filled out more!
Her brothers are getting used to having a little baby in the house, and both are very, very sweet with her!  I love to watch the boys look at her and pat her.  So sweet!
 
Nora Kate's birth was in the Daily Times.

All three sweet kids in their pajamas one night before bed!

After I snapped the above pictures Carter leaned over and gently patted her on the head.  So sweet!

Dawson and Carter think Nora Kate's baby items are so fun...I'm sure Nora Kate would too if she ever got a turn in them! :)


Carter has started hugging and kissing the "bebe," as he calls her.  It's so sweet.

The boys love being outside, so Nora Kate has gotten a good amount of outside time lately too!

Nora Kate watching her brothers in the playroom!

Sweet girl!

Dawson snuggling Nora Kate.

On Saturday, I took the boys and Nora Kate to visit their Great Mamaw.  This was her first time meeting Nora Kate.  Nora Kate is named after her Great Mamaw (Nora) and John's grandmother (Katherine).  Nora Kate is also the very first Great Granddaughter for Mamaw-although their are lots of boys.  So being the first girl and her namesake, this was a special meeting!
Mamaw had a special gift of a bracelet for Nora Kate!  Above is a picture of it on her tiny little wrist.  I love it, and can't wait for her to be able to wear it!

Here's a picture of Nora Kate with her Great Mamaw.

Early morning snuggles with Mommy!  Sweet girl!
 

The next few photos are not from Nora Kate's third week, but they are pictures that were on John's phone from the day our sweet Nora Kate was born! The above picture was take about 3 hours before Nora Kate was born.  I was texting a few people back that had text to check on us, and still pretty comfortable!

I wish we could see the entire clock behind me on the wall, but it was 2-something pm, so an hour or so before Nora Kate arrived (which was at 3:42pm).  John decided to take one more picture of me pregnant with Nora Kate.  I think it's the angle of this picture, but it makes it look like I have a beach ball under the stylish hospital gown!  :)  Now I'm glad we have this picture though, because you can tell that I was still doing really well just a short time before her birth-up moving around and even smiling for a picture! :)  I didn't know how very soon I'd be holding our sweet baby in my arms-the best part!
 
 
I found this picture on John's phone from the day Nora Kate was born.  Look at those toes!  Dawson, Carter, and Nora Kate all have the same feet! :)


No comments: