Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Nora Kate is 17 Months

Time is flying by!!  Nora Kate is 17 months old! 
This month marked a lot of changes for our sweet baby girl as we moved out of the only house she's ever lived in and into a new home!  Our new house has stairs, and she is learning to maneuver the stairs quiet well although we still keep gates up all the time because she is very self-confident on the stairs-maybe too self-confident!  :)  In terms of more changes, as we were moving out of the old house and into the new one, we lived with John's parents (Nana and Grandad) for about two weeks while we were getting everything painted and ready to move in-Nora Kate adjusted to this really well too!
Carter loves his baby sister more than ever this month.  He frequently says, "I want to hold our baby" meaning he wants me to force Nora Kate to sit on his lap.  This is so sweet, and he loves it.  The whole time she's on his lap he rubs his face on her soft hair and says "awww" over and over, and he pats her head and forehead.  Nora Kate likes sitting on brother's lap-but only for a short time because she has to be on the move constantly just like the boys! 
Nora Kate is suddenly getting more hair!!!  I'm so, so excited! The funny part is that it is mostly in the back right now!  And it's adorable little curls!  Just last week, I started being able to clip some hairbows directly in her hair rather than to the headband all the time!  Her soft curly little hair is so sweet, and even Nora Kate likes to play with it!
Nora Kate is still an awesome eater and will eat pretty much anything we put in front of her.  The only food she has stared showing an aversion to lately that she used to eat is quinoa-and I think it's a texture issue!  She would eat her weight in fruit, she LOVES eggs (she prefers scrambled over fried), she still drinks organic milk (the nonorganic stuff gives her a little rash), she has learned that the boys cups sometimes have apple juice inside-so if there's a brother's cup around she makes a beeline to it to taste it to see if it's different from the water and milk she gets.  Nora Kate loves yogurt and has started eating oatmeal again-yay-I think she had just gotten tired of it a few months back!  She seriously is so easy to feed in that she will eat almost anything.
Nora Kate is just like her Mommy in that she does not like the cold.  When I take her outside in the cold, I find her holding her breath and her sweet little eyes are watering. 
Nora Kate's vocabulary has expanded even more this month!  Sometimes we are amazed with the words she randomly rolls out!  She loves to ask where "dawdon" and "Carcer" are if she can't see them (Dawson and Carter).  Her very favorite song to sign right now is Old McDonald.  Almost every day when I put her in her crib for nap, she goes to sleep singing "E-I-E-I-O."  Any time we have music on Nora Kate loves to dance especially with Dawson!  Carter has been really into a new show that we got a dvd of- Octonauts.  If it's on Nora Kate looks at it and call it "Oct Not"!  So funny!
Nora Kate goes to be every night around 7:45 and thankfully sleeps through the night waking in the morning at 7:30.  She takes one nap every day, in the afternoon.  This nap is from about 1:15-3:15/3:30ish.  We cut out her morning nap (unfortunately) because we found that when she took that morning nap she started refusing to take an afternoon nap.  She would just sit away in her crib and talk, playing, and eventually get bored and start crying and never settle down.  Once I cut out the morning nap-she started taking her afternoon nap like a champ again!
Nora Kate has learned a ton of animal noises this month-I need to get a little video of this soon!  Her favorites are dog, cat, dino, bear, horse, and cow.  Horse is her very favorite one, and every time we read on of her favorite books-Polar Bear Polar Bear What do you Hear-she tries to convince me the zebra says "neigh neigh!"
Nora Kate has the most expressive face I have ever seen!  I need to get out the camera and get some pictures of the many face of Nora Kate!  Just the other morning while I was cooking breakfast, Dawson complained, "Nora Kate is looking mean at me!" And sure enough when I looked Nora Kate had a very grumpy look on her face!  She also can make some of the sillies and cutest faces!  She will tilt her chin down, look down, and smile shyly-so cute!  Obviously I'm a little biased, but her faces are adorable and regularly make us laugh!!
I really could go on and on about our sweet baby girl, but I'll wrap this up here!  Nora Kate had a great past month celebrating her 2nd Christmas and getting to see lots of family, move into a new house, and continue to try to keep up with her brothers which she's doing quiet well at these days!


check out these curls especially when they're wet!




almost impossible to get all three still at the same time for a picture!

No comments: