Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dawson's First Day of Kindergarten

On Monday, August 3rd, 2015, Dawson started kindergarten!
He was SO SO excited!  I continually asked him if he was nervous, worried, concerned, etc. about going to school, but he just kept talking about how he was so excited.  

Dawson was so excited to go back to school shopping for all of his kindergarten supplies and even more excited when we ran into two of the kindergarten teacher from his school there shopping too!

All kindergarten students must carry this red tote.  We decided to have it personalized when we ordered his first day of school shirt!  He was SO excited to get both!

July 29 was the first day back to school for all the students at his school except kindergarten.  On that day, however, we had to go for a screening test.  Dawson did great and was so excited.
Above is before the test.  Below is after the test.  Can you tell it was sunny from the squinty eyes!?


Then Monday, August 3rd was his first day!  He was SO excited!






Here he is about to go in for the first day of school!


School foyer first day!

After school I left Carter and Nora Kate with Nana so I could have some special time with Dawson.  I picked him up and took him to Sonic for a first day of school cool treat!

Then we got home and sweet friends (the Myers) had left this on our porch for Dawson's first day of school!

When I took Dawson in on the second day I forced him to stand here for a 2nd day of school picture.

This girl...whew, she has been in car lines to pick Dawson up since she was 5 days old, and this is what she has spent almost every single car line EVER doing!  It doesn't matter books, songs, puppets, crayons, dolls, nothing appeases this girl in car line.
Thank goodness Dawson's Lolly has started taking and bring Dawson home from school (she works at his school-so nice), so now thank goodness we don't have do go through this every day!

The first week of kindergarten is called Kindergarten Camp where the evaluate all the kids, then finally on Thursday night the class lists are posted outside the school.  The kids and I ran over to the school really quick to see which of the seven kindergarten classes Dawson would be in.  Here he is in front of the lists!
He got Mrs. Johnson, and he really likes her!  He tells us almost everyday how funny she is! He apparently LOVES this quality about her because sometimes in the morning at breakfast he will say, "I hope Mrs. Johnson does something funny today!"
He is really happy at kindergarten and hasn't been as tired in the evenings as I had thought.  I really do know he was ready to begin kindergarten, but this has been a hard adjustment getting used to my shadow being away from me 5 days a week!!  We are not fully adjusted just yet, it just seems like he's gone so much!  He doesn't complain, but I miss him SO much during the days!  BUT I'm staying focused on how well Dawson is getting in the swing of being a school kid and how much he really does LOVE it!





No comments: