My big goal for her this month was to get rid of her pacifier (which she calls "pabi"). She did this with surprising ease! We told her that she's a big girl and big girls don't have a pabi. She seemed to understand this enough to agree. We talked about how Carter, Dawson, Daddy, and Mommy don't have a pabi. Now if we say, "Nora Kate, are you a big girl?" She says with a big grin, "NO PABI!" She gets it! The biggest challenge with not having her pacifier was just that she would lay in bed at night and talk and sing to herself...for a while. She stopped doing this for so long after a few days though. She still talks to herself for a few minutes though. :)
We started working on potty training more this month too. She is doing great, but I haven't put her in training panties full time just yet. I consider it a win when she goes and it helps her learn! Next month I plan to really focus on the potty training with her in hopes that she will be in panties by her 2nd birthday party!
Nora Kate is SO smart (I know every parent says this), but she watches so much of what the boys do that she does some stuff that 3 and 6 years olds do at just 23 months! It continues to amaze me what all she does and says. And she's always paying attention to our conversations even when we don't realize it!
Our sweet Nora Kate loves her brothers more than anything, and I wonder how she will do when Dawson starts kindergarten in a few weeks. She loves playing everything with them...but especially when they get rowdy and wrestle around! I love to hear her say "Carter" in her Southern accent! She calls Dawson "bubba" half the time and Dawson half the time.
Her new thing when she wants everyone's attention is to say, "Everybody look!" I also love hearing her say, "Hey boys" to get her brothers attention.
Nora Kate is growing more and more attached to John every day. She's definitely a Daddy's girl!
Nora Kate continues to do awesome sleeping in her big girl bed (toddler bed), and she always has to have her "Lovie" to sleep with.
Our sweet girl is becoming more and more affectionate and loves to sit on our laps, give hugs, and give kisses!
Nora Kate LOVES books more than any other toy! She has this phonics book that is actually about her age, but she loves it because it has such a wide variety of pictures on each page. She has spent countless hours with this book. She names every item on every page as she goes through. We have a trip planned to Alabama coming up, and I am most definitely planning to take this book to entertain her in the car!
Nora Kate has a great sense of direction. When we are driving she will tell me if we are driving toward the park, toward Nana's house, or toward the mall. If she's not happy with the way we are going she adamantly tells me from the backseat, "NO!!! Go that way!!" while pointing down a different road.
I can't believe our sweet, curly haired, blue eyed, baby is 23 months!
On to the pictures! (It's obviously really hard to sit still and not be silly when you're 23 months!) :)
**So I obviously typed this up back in July, but had difficulty getting the pictures to load which is why I'm just now posting.**
No comments:
Post a Comment