The friend Dawson plays with most frequently outside of school is Carson, and at school Dawson seems to play with EVERYONE! Every day he comes home to report who he played with on the playground and I'm certain he has played with every kid in his class...I can never guess who it will be! He probably talks the most about playing with Alexa and Dillon on the playground.
Here are a few of his favorite things:
Favorite Show: Curious George
Favorite Toy: Since I'm delayed in posting this update a lot of these favorites are toys he got for Christmas...his drone (he loves flying this with Daddy), nerf guns, his workshop, his playset outside, really just playing outside in general, his remote control Jeep, and Legos! I think this is the first Dawson update I've ever written where I haven't listed his John Deere Gator as a favorite toy-he does still love riding this, but he has gotten so tall his knees hit the steering wheel and it doesn't go as fast now that he weighs more. He does really enjoy riding his bike, I think because he can control the speed. (Carter enjoys driving the Gator now, so this works out well.)
Favorite Outings: Dollywood, walks, the mountains, the zoo, bowling, the park
Other things I want to remember about Dawson at 6.5:
-He is amazing at chores! Dawson now has six chores to do daily. He NEVER complains about these and is happy to do them and check them off his chore chart. He gets a $4 "commission" on Sundays if he has completed all of his chores (and he always has!). His chores include making his bed (which he does PERFECTLY!), feeding the fish, getting the mail, sweeping the kitchen floor after dinner each night (this is a new chore we have added for him lately, and he's getting REALLY good at this!), cleaning the playroom, and wiping down the kids' bathroom counter and sink each night after everyone has bathed and brushed their teeth.
-Naps...I'm only including this because I've discussed napping in all of Dawson's updates for forever, but obviously he doesn't really nap anymore...EXCEPT on Sundays. We decided back in the summer that every Sunday everyone had to nap. Dawson knows this is his one day to have to nap and isn't thrilled with it, but he surprisingly still falls asleep and sleeps about an hour (a few times he's napped about 2 hours). This works great for keeping Sunday's lowkey and helping him be rested before the week starts. I'm always surprised, but even after napping he doesn't have a problem going to bed on Sunday nights!
-Sleep: Dawson's bedtime on non-school days/weekends/summer/Christmas break is 8pm and he sleeps until 7:30 (when the owl turns green!). On school nights he goes to bed at 7:30, and he has to wake up at 6:40.
-Siblings: Dawson and Carter have always been close, and they still are...BUT what I really wanted to mention in this post about Dawson is how he has started to have a special little relationship with Nora Kate. She loves him so much, and you can tell she feels special when he plays her things with her! I think he's realized that she watches and listens to him, so he likes to show her things..then she runs to me and reports, "Dawson teached me that!" The boys are still best buddies and love sharing a room. Dawson once told me in a surprised way, "Some people at school don't GET to share a room with anyone!" Sweet!
-When I grow up...Dawson still talks about being a farmer all the time. He wants a red barn, animals, AND crops. Of course, he says he will have John Deere tractors. He loves to talk about all the plans for his farm!
From age 6 to 6.5 have brought big changes with Dawson starting school, but I'm beyond happy with how easily he adjusted and how much he seems to enjoy and do well in school. Although it doesn't seem like it was 6.5 years ago that we brought our precious 7pound 13ounce baby boy home from the hospital, we are enjoying watching the big boy he's growing to be. We love you, Dawson!
Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of Dawson from the past six months.
Dawson LOVED playing baseball this year and John had fun coaching!
Our fisherman
With his catch!
Kindergarten Checkup over the summer
Swimming in the river in Townsend
First day of Kindergarten
SO EXCITED!
Running (he loves running) in the Raccoon Romp fundraiser for school
Dawson on our beach vacation in October!
No comments:
Post a Comment