Friday, May 26, 2017

Clayton is 11 Months

As of February 21st Clayton is 11 months.  ELEVEN MONTHS!  I'm not sure how he's already 11 months!  Only one month until we have a one year old.  
This past month Clayton's love for water has grown!  He has always loved a bath and continues to.  We also stayed in Gatlinburg for a weekend this past month at the Park Vista which has a few swimming pools, pop jets, and water slides.  Clayton LOVED being in the water-loved it!
Clayton continues to be a great baby!!  I'm so thankful because there are lots and lots of times he has to be happy just being along for the ride-like this past month we have spent every Saturday morning at Dawson's basketball games and he has done really well considering they've almost all been during his morning naptime.  
We celebrated Clayton's first Valentine's Day this past month too-unfortunately we didn't do anything exciting at all since his brothers and sisters were sick!  Thankfully even though they were really sick with the flu, we managed to keep Clayton well--I'm not sure how!
Clayton has continued to be a good eater.  He is trying more and more foods every day.    He tried egg this month even, but didn't really like it-I think it was more of a texture issue than taste.  We will continue to try it though.  He's still nursing A LOT and not taking any bottles and not really doing great with drinking from a sippy cup either.  It is making me wonder how we will ever wean him, but we will figure it out eventually I assume!
His very favorite and most common word to say is Dada!  When the kids finish drinking one of their "YETI" cups full of water they say "yeti, yeti, yeti" (we started this to try to encourage them to drink more water and they thought it was funny), well now Clayton imitates this and says "Yeti, Yeti, Yeti"--so funny!  He has also been saying "Yogurt" which sounds like "oo-gurt."  He loves yogurt.  He also tried mac and cheese this month and LOVES it too.  Another word he has started saying is "eat"-this boy likes his food!  Additionally he ate some creamy potato soup this month and devoured it.  He's been signing "more" on a lot more regular basis this month too.  And clapping A LOT.  He associates me saying "good job" with clapping.  The other evening I told Carter "Good job!" and I look over and Clayton is clapping.  This has happened a few times since then too.  
Clayton is cruising like crazy these days...he pulls up and cruises along anything and everything.  Lolly treated him to his first pair of shoes this month from Stride Rite.  I knew his feet were wide but he wears a 5 EXTRA WIDE.  I think we will be destined to shop at Stride Rite for a while for Mr. Baby.
Nora Kate started calling Clayton Mr. Baby a long time ago, as I'm sure I have recorded here before-well this has stuck and we STILL all call him Mr. Baby.  Our sweet Mr. Baby.  
Clayton is a super fast crawler these days.  He loves to play this little crawl away chase game with Carter and Nora Kate.  They all just laugh and laugh.  Clayton absolutely thrilled when they play with him.  He also loves to crawl UNDER everything.  He gets stuck under chairs and the train table on a regular basis because he crawls under and tries to sit up or stand up and then can't figure out how to back out! Haha!
Clayton's very very favorite book is Little Blue Truck.  Any time I get this book out he speed crawls from wherever he is to my lap to listen to it.  He points and claps at every page.  I LOVE IT!
He really likes all books and he gets so excited to play with balls too.  He likes to pick them up and try to throw them.  He also likes to try throwing other things too-like shoes.
Clayton has added LOTS of his own teeth marks to the crib.  I remember being upset when Dawson put scratches in the crib with his teeth.  Now there are teeth marks from all four kids and it's definitely something only a parent could love-but I love it!  Clayton has added far more marks to the crib than anyone else, but he has more teeth too!
I could go on and on about our sweet Mr. Baby.  We love our sweet Clayton so very much!
Just when I think getting pictures of Clayton is hard enough, he gets even busier.  He really wanted to stand in the chair this month for his pictures and check out the lamp on his table.  


Just for fun...so I will always remember when I look back at these...getting these monthly pictures wasn't always easy.

But it's so worth it!


sThis month was a struggle to get our monthly pictures.  Now that he's such a fast crawler, he just kept crawling off.  So this is as good as it got with him laying on his quilt.  Nora Kate (always wanting to help) tried to hold him down...that went well as you can see! Hah!

Saying "cheese"

This was all he wanted to do in the chair this month for his pics! Oh, Mr. Baby!

No comments: