Friday, May 26, 2017

Nora Kate is 3.5 Years Old

On February 14th (Valentine's Day), Nora Kate turned 3 AND A HALF!
The "half"s are a big deal when you're this age, and there has been a lot of talk leading up to this about how soon she would be not three but three and a half.  Honestly, they change SO much so quickly when they're little that half a year does make a big difference.
Nora Kate is a wonderful helper.  She says she wants to be a "Mama" when she grows up, and I can totally see it!  She takes care of Clayton so well for a 3 year old!  She cracks us up though because she will say, "When I grow up I wanna be a Mama and I'm going to have ten babies.  They're all going to be pink babies.  They will all be named "Baby Girl Clayton."  Translation-she's going to have all names, and to make things easier just name them all the same! I love that she's enjoyed Clayton as a baby so much though that she wants babies like him.  So sweet.  I also LOVE more than I can describe that she wants to be a Mama.  Speaking of "Mama's"-Dawson and Carter have always called me Mommy, well Nora Kate, being Nora Kate, couldn't just stick with that and has always called me "Mama."  I love it....Mama goes perfect with her deep Southern Accent (more on that in a minute) and it's SO her personality that she would change my "name."  
As for the accent, people always comment that Nora Kate talks like she's from way further south than Tennessee...many times we hear that she talks like "a little Southern lady"- we have heard people say "from Southern Georgia" or "from Mobile."  Probably the most "Southern" sounding word she says is "Carter"-She manages to say this with no R's, usually with her hand on her hip or arms crossed, and drawing it out into multiple syllables!
Nora Kate loves all the boys in her life-Daddy is, of course, her favorite and she loves to climb on his lap, back, shoulders, whatever.  She loves dates with Daddy and riding in the Jeep with Daddy (which is a big deal since we never drive the Jeep as a family since we don't all fit).  
She also loves her brothers.  Nora Kate and Carter are two peas in a pod-they play so, so well together when Dawson's at school.  They are both awesome at using their imagination to play and come up with the wildest, funniest, silliest games together.  There's always lots of laughter with these two together.  John and I also say that these two are "thick as thieves."  I'm pretty sure that whatever these two could plot together could get them both into lots of trouble...haha!  Even though they're so close in age, Carter frequently likes to remind Nora Kate that he's older.  This has helped Nora Kate perfect the arms crossed/brow furrowed look.  
Nora Kate and Dawson have a sweet relationship too.  Dawson is much more likely to help NK, and she knows this so she frequently asks him for help (whether she needs it or not).  She looks up to him and listens to him pretty well too.  She likes to ask him (VERY SPECIFIC) questions about school ("Dawson, did you eat lunch with Samir today?" "Dawson did you do a math worksheet today with take away probelms?")  I think it's sweet she wants to ask about his day though.
Nora Kate loves Clayton as I've already described, and she asks all the time if they can share a room.  We have promised her that eventually they can-when she learns to go to sleep without verbally recounting her whole day to herself and when Clayton learns to sleep through the night...haha!  She says she can't wait to let Clayton live in her room! hah!
Nora Kate is great at capital letter recognition, numbers, shapes, and we are really working on a few lower case letters that we still don't always remember right now.  We are also working on perfecting writing our name.
About her name...Nora Kate only likes to be called Nora Kate.  (I'm so glad, we have purposefully always called her both names).  She's been (politely) correcting people lately if they just call her Nora.  We do occasionally say "NK" and she doesn't mind that.
Nora Kate's hair continues to be blonde and curly.  We still haven't had it cut-ever! It's actually a lot longer than it looks...when it's wet it is past her shoulder blades and then it springs back up into curls.  People everywhere we go comment on her curly hair and she smiles, loving the attention.  We really do nothing to her hair other than try to pick through it with a little leave in conditioner.  It really does just dry in these curls.  The winter is a little tougher like right now, because it's hard to make her hair air dry when it's so chilly, but the hair dryer is not a friend of curls! Haha!
Our sweet Nora Kate loves laughing, being silly, helping, giving hugs, holding hands, coloring, reading, singing in the car, and is just so sweet.  We just love this 3.5 year old!
When I get the February blog up, you will read about how all the kids were sick in February when she turned 3.5 years old, and when I took these pictures they were all on the mend.  Now, looking back at these pictures though-I can see in her eyes that she still wasn't feeling 100 percent.  Sweet girl!



Mama, I am done taking pictures!





No comments: