Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Clayton at 16 Months

On July 21st Clayton turned 16 months old.  This summer has been really fun so far, and I'm absolutely loving having all four kids home all the time. On of the best parts of having everyone home is getting to watch them all interact with Clayton even more.  They're all so sweet with him.  It melts my heart.  Carter talks about how he wants to be a Daddy one day when he grows up, and I know that this is due in part to what a great Daddy he has and also in part to what a fun, sweet, happy baby Clayton is...who wouldn't want a baby just like him!
As I mentioned, Clayton is so wonderful...he's also so, so busy lately.  He has figured out how to open the baby gate to the stairs, and he does so frequently.  I have to keep a close eye on him all the time because he has figured out various other things like this too that have surprised me.
He loves to sit on my lap and read board books.  We are working on animal sounds, and he laughs and laughs as I make the sound of each animal especially in his Eric Carle books.  He still loves Little Blue Truck (still the fav), and any and all touch and feel books.  
When he wants us to notice something and no one (or not every single one of us) is looking he yells and yells pointing his hand in the direction of the thing he wants us to see.
Although it's been super hot, the heat doesn't seem to impact him in the least...he's always happy to be outside playing.  He has started really liking the sandbox in the backyard this month.  At this age, Nora Kate wanted to play with the sand but not IN the sand, Clayton, on the other hand, wants to be IN the sand.  I think his motto when it comes to the sand is that it's best to be one with the sand-haha!  
The biggest news this month was the Clayton got his very first haircut.  I had continually put off his first haircut because though he has lots of hair and it was getting shaggy, I just knew that once he got that first haircut my little baby would look like a little boy!  Well, he did absolutely awesome-also enjoying his first ever sucker while getting it cut in the firetruck chair at Legends Custom Cuts.  He does look like a little boy now, more than a baby...but he's still our little baby!  







I struggled getting my traditional picture of Clayton in his chair this month as he is SO busy and wouldn't sit still.  So we opted for these standing in his crib, and I'm loving how they turned out!
You can see his sweet and funny personality and I think he looks like me (and Erica) in these pictures of him in the crib.









No comments: