Monday, April 8, 2019

February 2019

For a short month, we sure packed a lot into February!

We had some really pleasant weather at the beginning of the month, so we took regular walks around the neighborhood!

Lolly came to visit!
We had this planned for a while, she picked this weekend in particular so she could see both boys play basketball at their school,  but then Dawson's team had 6 players out with the flu (not Dawson, thankfully) so they had to forfeit.  Dawson was really disappointed, but she got to see Carter play and then we did other fun stuff that made up for it!
Here she is with Carter before his game!

Always silly

The kids wanted to take Lolly to "the cliffs" part of the construction in our neighborhood.  Carter jumping off one of the cliffs.

We also went to the Space and Rocket Center during her visit.
The weather was perfect so the kids also got to show off riding their bikes, hoverboard, scooters, etc. to Lolly.




Then Sunday evening after Lolly left we headed to a friends house for a Super Bowl Party which was tons of fun, 10 adults and 11 kids, but I didn't take a single picture.

More basketball


Carter shooting

Miss Fancy wanted glitter sprinkled in her wet nail polish-I told her we had to take that manicure to the patio!

I'm amazed at how much her handwriting has improved lately (it was never bad, she's just getting to have really good penmanship lately, in my biased opinion!).

After the regular season, basketball went into tournament play.  
By the last game, Clayton had had just about enough basketball as you can see from him laying on the bleachers.

Dawson in his final game!


I was excited to have a girls craft night at our house this month, since we've unpacked almost everything and gotten settled now.  I made a rug for our front porch!

They love our neighborhood playground.




After Dad passed away I was given this beautiful Christmas cactus, and I love it!
I was a little worried that it didn't flower this Christmas, but then on Valentine's day it did!

Nora Kate was selected to do a little modeling for Strasburg Children.  The dress she got to model with absolutely beautiful.  (I actually bought it as soon as it hit the website to order, and it will be her Easter dress this year.)  She loved modeling, and she still talks about it frequently.  Here she is outside the door with her balloon after finishing the photo shoot!

One picture in the building right after her photo shoot.  Can you tell she was totally loving being the center of attention!?

That weekend we went to Tennessee for a visit.
The kids were excited to see their cousins, and they had a great time playing!

Cousins
Dawson 9
Carter 6
Nora Kate 5
Zoe 3
Clayton 2
Zachary1

That evening we met up with our good friends the Coppengers for dinner.
It was so great to catch up with friends!!!


The week after Nora Kate's photo shoot her pictures were already up on the website.
I took screenshots of these of her on the website.



The kids had a Monday off from school this month, so we went to the Rocket Center to explore the new Apollo exhibit which is really neat.




Then with everyone dressed in their appropriate shirts, we visited Daddy at work and had lunch with him.

Nora Kate had a super wiggly tooth. I told her I needed to get a picture of her mouth before that tooth fell out (it would be her first tooth she lost!)

five minutes later she had pulled the tooth on her own and looked like this!?



FLOODS!
We got a crazy amount of rain over the course of a week and so many areas flooded.

The pictures don't do it justice at all, but school ended up getting out early one day because water was flooding over the road going to the school.  Roads were closed, etc.  SO MUCH WATER!

We had lunch with Dawson this month at school.

And we took the kids to another hockey game.  They got jerseys and were all four begging to wear them, even though they were a little large!

Clayton continues to love to help me bake.

Clayton has awesome brothers who help him build the biggest train tracks I've ever seen!

Playground fun!

We met up with Heather at Altitude one day for lots of fun.
Look how hot NK is from all that playing!

Nora Kate started gymnastics this month, and she LOVES it!

No comments: