Although it's not summer yet, it's beginning to look like summer since we have attended a wedding, enjoyed squash from our garden, attended a summer kids movie at the Monacco, and made a splash in the pool all this week! And even if it's not summer yet, it feels like it here in Alabama. It has been in the upper 90's with high humidity every day...but I wouldn't trade it for cold weather any day! John, Dawson, and I have spent a great deal of time outside enjoying the sunshine!
On Friday evening we loaded the Jeep and headed up to Maryville, Tennessee (again). Our reason for going back again so soon was to attend the wedding of my friend, Kristin. Kristin and I have been friends since we were 2 or 3 years old. We lived across the street from each other for a few years, attended the same church, took dance classes together for many years, and went to the same elementary and middle schools. We also both went to UT, and our moms work together. Needless to say, we have known each other the majority of our lives, so off to Tennessee we went to attend her wedding!
After spending the day visiting with family, Saturday evening we left Dawson with his Grandad, Nana, Aunt Emmie, and Cousin Drew while we attended the wedding. I think Dawson had a wonderful evening, and John and I had a good time too!
The wedding was beautiful, and the reception was a lot of fun. They had a photo booth set up for guests to visit during the reception. I had never seen this at a reception before, but I think it's a fun idea! Each guest got a copy of their pictures and got to place a copy in a scrapbook for the bride and groom. We enjoyed taking a few silly pictures in the photo booth, enjoyed the food and drinks, and did a little dancing. I wish I had a picture of my brother and I dancing to Teach Me how to Dougie, but I think the only photo of that is on someone's phone. :) Logan was better at the Dougie than me, for sure! Overall, we had a fun evening at the wedding!
Also, while we were in Tennessee John got to play a round of golf at Egwani Farms with his Dad. Dawson loved being the center of attention while spending time with Lolly, Pop, Logan (he calls him Gogan), Grandad, Nana (he calls her Nainie), Aunt Emmie, Cousin Drew (he calls him Dew), and Mamaw.
After a fun weekend visiting with family, on Monday afternoon we came back home to Alabama...writing that reminds me that if you ask Dawson where he lives he now answers "bama." Don't worry though because he still loves reading his Smokey book, says "go vols!," and loves for us to sing Rocky Top! :)
On Wednesday morning John and I took Dawson to his first movie of the summer. As you may remember last summer we took Dawson to a number of free movies the Monacco Theater at Bridgestreet offers for kids two mornings a week during the summer months. The theaters is doing this again! Today's movie was Babe which Dawson loved. I knew he would because he's so into animals. Last year we were lucky if we got through 15-20 minutes of each movie before having to leave, but today we got to stay an entire hour! For the first 30 minutes, Dawson watched intently. The last 30, he squirmed and walked in front of his seat a little, but he was still watching. We obviously didn't get to see the whole movie, but Dawson still had fun!
Then Wednesday evening I decided to take Dawson swimming. As I have mentioned, the past 3 times we went swimming he was slowly warming up to the water. This time, though, Dawson showed me what a big boy he was! He now LOVES the pool. He would put his face in the water, and he even decided he wanted to jump off the side (with me catching him, of course). After he realized what fun it was, he probably jumped off the side of the pool 40 times in an hour and a half! I am so happy that he loves the water now after only a few visits to the pool!! Now that he enjoys it, it will be a nice way to cool off and have fun while still being outside this summer!
In other news, our garden has been producing veggies! Yesterday we ate the first of the yellow squash, and it was delicious! We will have a few more ready to pick by the weekend, and the zucchini are not too far behind. We can also see little green peppers growing, but they still have a little while, as do the carrots. I am excited about all of the squash and zucchini it looks like we will have.
That wraps it up for now. Enjoy the pictures below...
John and I before the wedding.
One more picture of John and I before the wedding.
Our pictures from the photo booth.
Some of the yummy squash from our
garden. (The one little squash would have
gotten bigger, but overly helpful little hands
picked it...so we ate it too!)
Zucchini growing, but not ready yet.
The biggest green pepper we have so far.
Most of them are about this size,
and no where near ready.
Not a great picture, but the only one we have
from Dawson's first movie of the summer.
This was taken in the theater after the movie
had started so it was hard to get Dawson's attention.
Dawson learning to jump in the pool!
Jumping!
Making a splash and loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment