Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Not-So-Childproof Doorknobs

The most exciting thing about this post is that I now know how to upload a video!!  It's only taken me two years of having having our video camera to finally get around to figuring it out!  So there should be many more videos to come your way!  :)
Now, on to the actual post...So you may remember back in January when I posted about how we had to resort to putting the big plastic childproof doorknobs on several doors in the house for Dawson.  Never did I imagine that only a few months later he would be able to open them, but, of course, he has figured it out.  Here is a video of how fast he can open the one in his room.

The bad news is that now Dawson can open all of the doors we didn't want him to be able to open like the door to the garage, the door out of his room, etc.  BUT there is good news...I uploaded the video to facebook, and the company who makes the product contacted me.  Within 5 days we are supposed to have a different kind of Safety 1st brand childproof door item to try.  It is still disappointing that now we have childproof doorknobs that my child can open faster than me (seriously!), but we're going to give the new one a try as soon as it gets here!
This wasn't a very exciting post, so I promise the next one will have more pictures...or maybe even a video of Dawson talking (now that I know how to upload the videos!).

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

oh my, that is hilarious- I love how he laughs after he gets it off... Hope the new ones work!

Blakeley said...

Wow, what a prompt response from Safety 1st! I hope the new ones work well. That's hilarious how quickly he's able to do it. Maybe he can teach me...all that child-proof stuff STILL gives me a hard time!

Brittany Chaudhari said...

Wow, that was fast!! Very cool that Safety 1st saw your video and is sending backup. Hope it works for you guys!

Lolly said...

I love to watch this video just to hear Dawson's giggle and his sweet "doggie in".