This week was Vacation Bible School at our church, and Dawson and I had a great time! Last year I volunteered in nursery age (2 and under) arts and crafts, and this year I (along with my friend Stephanie) was a director of nursery arts and crafts. We had been having planning meetings since before Easters, so I was excited that VBS week had finally arrived. We did some cute crafts, and had fun playing with all the kids.
Dawson was in a classroom with 11 other younger two year olds. His good friend, Matthew (that he calls Mattie), was in his room along with other friends Dawson knows. Even though Dawson still has separation issues when I leave him, he did AWESOME this week for VBS! He wore undies every day, and he only had an accident one day. I think that's great considering all the distractions! He also participated in music. Two of Dawson's friend's moms did music, so I was able to get a report on how well he participated! :) He did well, I heard. The theme was A Great Big Jungle Adventure, and some of the hand motions to the songs were like monkeys. Now Dawson talks about Bible school and says monkey and does the little motion. So cute! In addition to hand motions they also had instruments and did a parade, all of which was right up Dawson's alley! Dawson also loved arts and crafts time which didn't surprise me since he loves doing stamps, stickers, and paints at home.
I can tell Dawson has been at church all week because the other night I asked him if he knew where some food came from. I was going to tell him it was from the garden, and he said, "GOD!" Another evening I asked him who he played with in his class at Bible school and his answer was "GOD!" I love it so sweet! He did eventually talk about playing with his friend Matthew and Autumn (Mattie and Aummum, as Dawson pronounces them). Dawson and I had a great week doing VBS every morning, but now we will enjoy a little more time at home!
On Thursday afternoon we took Dawson to pick blueberries. I wanted to do this last summer, but we never got around to it. Harvest Farm opened last weekend for blueberries, so we made sure to get there early this year! Dawson had a blast picking (and eating) blueberries, but his very favorite thing was the tractor that was cutting the grass while we were there. He has not stopped talking about the tractor yet! He did help us pick berries, and had fun putting them in the bucket. The farm was about 10 minutes from our house, so we plan to go back...when we finally run out of berries!
That wraps it up for now, enjoy the pictures below...
Dawson and Mama picking blueberries at
Harvest Farm.
Dawson with his bucket picking
blueberries.
Blueberry picking.
Dawson picking blueberries.
Dawson looking for some yummy
blueberries.
Dawson picking berries.
Dawson's new favorite thing is to ask
to call people and talk to them. He
actually talks, and he would talk forever
if you would let him! On the way home from
picking berries he said, "Call Nana." So we
did and he sat there chatting. The other morning
on the way to VBS he wanted to call Lolly,
so we did. He loves talking on the phone.
Dawson and Mama before
leaving the house the 1st
day of VBS.
The kids decorated a bag with a cross and shield
to keep all their crafts from VBS in for the week.
I told Dawson to smile with his crafts, so this
is what I got! Haha!
Dawson's VBS Crafts: Hand prints making
a butterfly, drum with a hand print, Let your
light shine photo frame, crown decorated with
foam stickers. I love his sweet hand prints!
Dawson in his crown from VBS.
One night after Dawson went to bed
and John was at work, I decided to sew
a case for my straightener that it could
go in while still warm. It was the fastest
project I've done so far. I lined the cute fabric
with the same material used to make an
ironing board cover. So far I'm very pleased
with how it's working out...now I'm ready to sew
something else!!
Here you can see silver lining!
No comments:
Post a Comment