Dawson is all boy and much of his humor is potty humor! When I was about to read the book pictured below to him, he pointed to the dog and said, "Doggie poopin'! Gross!" Well, the dog is obviously running, but to Dawson it looked like something else!
Dawson does a great job remembering to use please, thank you, and excuse me; however, sometimes he gives too much information. On a regular basis now he will say, "Excuse me! Toot!" I have tried to tell him that you don't have to explain why you're saying excuse me, but he doesn't get it (or doesn't want to). He will also say, "Excuse me! Burp!" or "Excuse me! Big loud burp!" Silly boy!
More potty humor...see I told you he's all boy! Sometimes Dawson will come up behind me or John and touch the back of our pants. When we ask him what he's doing he'll say, "Poop? Noooo! Jus' checkin'!" This makes me think I "checked" him one too many times while we were potty training!
I have stopped allowing Dawson to have "gummies" (fruit snacks) at home because they are not extremely healthy, and he becomes obsessed when he knows we have them. Anyways, the other day he got in his Cozy Coupe and said, "Bye bye Mommy! Dawson going to Target!" I asked him what he was going to get at Target, and he looked at me, smiled, and said, "GUMMIES! Need wallet!" No, Dawson I will not give you my wallet to support your gummies habit! :)
If something is dirty Dawson always says it "needs a-washin'!" I have no idea where he got "a-washin'" because neither John or I say this. It just cracks us up because it sounds so country the way he says it.
Although Dawson sounds country when he says that, he sounds like he's from New Jersey when he says, "markers." He asks for his "markers" (use Jersey accent) all the time, and I laugh every time! I will have to video it sometime soon!
Last weekend Dawson was beyond thrilled to have his Daddy home from work. The three of us were playing in the playroom until I left to make lunch. I guess the guys were having more fun without me because when I rejoined them Dawson said, "No, Mommy! No, Mommy! Go back kitchen!" John and I both died laughing, and John promised he did not tell Dawson to say that!
We might have a "Dawson Says the Darndest Things volume 2" before long, but these are some of the funniest and most recent quotes from our sweet boy!
And here's the book! The dog Dawson was talking
about is in the bottom left. This book belonged to
John when he was little, and Dawson loves to read it.
Unfortunately, now he always has to point out the doggie
on the cover! :)
1 comment:
So cute!!, I wish he would talk more around me. Dawson I will give you gummies!!!
Post a Comment