Saturday, February 18, 2012

February Fun

So far, we've had a fun February!  Dawson and I are so thankful for our friends, the Gibsons, because we've managed to have a playdate with them EVERY week!  I am not sure who looks forward to these more-me or Dawson!  We've played at Gym Bugs and Tatarus-both are indoor tumbling gyms.  Dawson loved the trampolines and balls a Gym Bugs, and then he had a fun in the foam pits and just running in the huge gym at Tatarus.  I even got in the foam pits with him which I felt like I deserved a gold star for being this pregnant and managing to get in an out of the foam pits!  :)  We've also had a playdate here and at Charlie's house.  Unfortunately with all this playing, I somehow didn't manage to snap a single picture! 
Also this month our friends, the Whites, came over from Asheville for a visit!  We were thrilled to see them since it had been SO long!  Since we last saw them their family grew, and we were thrilled to meet Thomas!  We had a great afternoon and evening visiting and catching up while watching Dawson and Henry (1.5 years) play!  We always love to see them, and we're hoping to see a lot more of them now that we're only about an hour and a half away!
At the beginning of February Dawson started swim lessons.  He had been asking about his swim lessons like he had in Alabama before we moved, so we quickly found a place that offered classes for his age here.  So far we've had three classes.  They meet once a week until the end of March.  Dawson LOVES going to "swim class," and I can tell that since his last session of classes in Alabama he has become more comfortable in the water.  He still doesn't love to put his whole head under water.  This morning before swim lessons he randomly informed me, "God doesn't want me to get my whole face wet under the water at swim class."  How could I argue with that?!  BUT when we got to his lessons, he did decide to go under-although he wasn't crazy about that part of class.  He looks forward to his swim class all week, and every time we drive by the Wellness Center where he takes his lessons he points out:  "that's mine swim class on Saturday!" 
A couple weeks ago Dawson also got the chance to play with his second cousins Corbin (2) and Ashton (8).  Corbin is two months older than Dawson, and they played together very well! 
We also celebrated John's Mom's birthday this month, and Dawson had fun singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out the candles on her cake about 10 times!
Dawson has also gotten to spend a couple of nights with his grandparents recently.  This has been great for me because I've been able to get some extra rest which I definitely need at this point, and it's been wonderful for Dawson to get to spend one on one time with them!  He's spent a couple of nights with Lolly and Pop which always includes a trip with Pop to see the geese in the pond in their neighborhood and at least one ride on Pop's John Deere.  He also got to spend the night with Nainie and Grandad and got to jump on the trampoline at their house.
For Valentine's Day we were a little sad because we didn't have our big group of friends to invite over for a party/playdate like last year.  Dawson and I still made lost of yummy treats thought-cake balls and cupcakes, and Dawson delivered them to his grandparents on Valentine's Day.  He thought this was great fun, and of course, he managed to come out with some Valentine's loot -including candy and suckers! 
Enjoy the pictures...


Dawson holding the White's newest addition-
Baby Thomas.  He held him for about 30
seconds before informing us: "I'm done!"

Dawson and Henry (the White's older son)
playing in the tunnels during their visit.

Dawson and Mommy during swim lessons.

Another swim lesson photo.

Dawson looking very serious after going all
the way under water.

Dawson and Corbin playing.  Unfortunately,
this was the only picture I got!

Dawson singing "Happy Birthday" and
about to blow out the candles on
Nainie's cake for the 10th time.

After we dropped Dawson off
to spend the night at Lolly and Pop's
we looked in the backseat to find
that Bentley was riding in Dawson's
carseat inside of the seat beside it
like normal.  We thought it was hilarious
because she rode there the ENTIRE way
home. It was as if she knew she was
the "only child" for the day. 

Dawson helping to cook Valentine's
Day treats.  He LOVES to help
in the kitchen!

No comments: