Dawson is still excited for Carter's arrival. He calls him Carter 95% of the time; thankfully we've almost forgotten about Mike the Turtle! Dawson always makes sure to include Carter, which I think is really sweet! If I tell him that Mommy, Daddy, and Dawson are going to do something, he always says, "AND CARTER!" as, as if I've completely forgotten! I hope he's this excited to have Baby Brother around once he's actually born. Dawson says, "Carter is coming out in April."
The other day Dawson told me, "Carter needs to go potty" and then later he said, "Carter needs a sucker." I'm not sure about the potty thing, but I know the sucker comment was a ploy to get a sucker for himself! Dawson also told us that Carter is going to run in the yard with him when he comes out, so we had to have a talk about how he will be a baby and won't be able to run yet. Dawson then informed me that Carter could crawl in the grass and get dirty. Dawson also told one of our friends, "When Carter comes out he won't have shoes." I'm not too sure where this idea came from in his little head, unless he thought shoes would be unnecessary since Carter won't be running?! I think all his talking about Carter is sweet though because I can tell he already thinks about his Baby Brother a lot!
I had my first doctor's appointment with my new physician here in Knoxville, and it went really well. Carter is still growing well-as if I couldn't tell!! I am feeling well, for the most part, minus being a little more tired with some swelling and hip pain as we're in the 3rd trimester! I won't complain though, because I am so excited to have Carter, and because I think I am feeling better than I was at this point in my pregnancy with Dawson! His heartrate was still right around the 150's where it's been most of the pregnancy. I am on schedule to have another ultrasound around 36 weeks, so look for those pictures as we get closer to the due date.
Speaking of due date, I cannot believe we are TWO MONTHS and less than nine full weeks from the due date! It's exciting, but hard to believe it's come so quickly.
27 Weeks Pregnant with Baby Carter.
28 Weeks Pregnant with Carter.
29 Weeks Pregnant with Carter.
30 Weeks Pregnant with Carter.
31 Weeks Pregnant with Carter!
And just to make me feel better and
remind me that I wasn't always this size... :)
This was me and Carter just 25 short weeks
ago when I was only 6 weeks pregnant with him.
It's safe to say he's done a lot of growing since then! :)
1 comment:
Whoa, look at your belly! That's awesome! I'm so sad I don't get to see his acrobatics in person. And I love hearing all of Dawson's comments about his baby brother. So sweet!
Post a Comment