For Christmas my parents gave John and I a trip to Cherokee, North Carolina accompanied by them entertaining Dawson for us while we went! After getting settled in Tennessee, John still had a few days off so we decided to take our trip to Cherokee last week.
Dawson was thrilled to get to stay with his Lolly, Pop, and Uncle Logan. He had fun riding Pop's John Deere (always a favorite), going to see the geese in the pond in their neighborhood, going to the park and seeing the ducks there, going downtown after the park to have lunch with Pop at Nana's bakery, and being the center of attention non-stop, I'm sure! :)
John and I were excited for a little relaxation time since everything had been so busy for the past month (if not longer) with the move! We took our time getting there and took the very scenic route which was wonderful! The weather was perfect. It was sunny and clear, so as we drove over the narrow, winding mountain roads we stopped several times to look at the mountains and take pictures.
When we were almost out of the mountains and to Cherokee, I pointed out a huge animal laying down about 3 feet off of the side of the road! It was an elk. John pulled over, and I got out of the car with the camera. We walked REALLY close until the elk stopped eating and looked straight at us. We were less than ten feet away, so I was content with that for a picture...I didn't want to make him mad because he was HUGE, although John was trying to convice me to throw him a Ritz cracker!
After that we continued on to Cherokee. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of us in the casino since you can't take pictures in there, but we had a lot of fun. Harrah's is huge. We checked into our room which was very nice-thanks Lolly and Pop- and then we checked out the rest of the resort.
While we were there we spent some time in the casino (unfortunately, no large winnings to report!). They also have a Paula Deen restaurant there where we had a delicious dinner. We had a great time just relaxing while we were there too!
Thanks for our trip, Lolly and Pop!
Here are a few pictures from Cherokee!
John and I (and Carter-29 weeks) in front of some
of the beautiful mountains we passed on our
drive to Cherokee.
John with the mountains in the background.
Mountains.
More mountains.
More mountains.
The elk! This is not zoomed in
at all...this is how close we got
to him!
Our room was very nice!
This says "Welcome to Cherokee" in Cherokee
with the English at the bottom. In Cherokee
all the street signs are also written in both
languages.
No comments:
Post a Comment