So obviously the ultrasound went well if I have spent an entire paragraph discussing how Carter has a lot of hair! They tried to get a good clear 4D face picture, but Carter was in the perfect position for delivery (head down and spine up)...however the perfect position for delivery is worst for getting a picture of his face. SO...we came away with a DVD and a picture of the hair on the back of his head! :)
I am not sure as to the accuracy of this measurement via ultrasound, but according to the ultrasound Carter currently weighs 6 pounds 9 ounces. He is in the 59th percentile for his size at 36 weeks. The ultrasound tech commented on how he was active and how he pushed back or kicked everywhere she put the ultrasound instrument on my tummy!
Everything else went well at the appointment. I still have some swelling which is apparently the cause of the numbness in two of the fingers on my right hand....Seriously, who knew that pregnancy could make your wrists swell causing numbness like carpal tunnel. Strange, but this is what the doctor said was going on! It isn't a big deal, and I am thankful that this is the biggest "complaint" I have at 36 weeks!
I feel like we have finally made some progress in preparing for Carter's arrival! Last week John surprised me by assembling the crib while Dawson and I were at the library. I have washed all of Carter's bedding and clothes. And we've began to find a place for all of his things. We still need to spend some time working in his room, but we're a lot closer than we were a week ago! Maybe by the 37 week update we will have enough done in his nursery for me to post a picture! Maybe.
Dawson is also getting more excited about the arrival of his brother. He is thrilled that Carter's carseat is in the backseat next to his. He even announced the other night that he was going to share his panda (his pillow pet panda that is probably his most prized possession!) with Carter!! How sweet! Sometimes I am not even allowed to touch panda! We are all starting to get more and more prepared for his arrival.
I intend to do another update on Carter at 37 weeks after our appointment next Tuesday! For now, here are a few pictures!
I am so excited about this gift from Lolly and
Pop. Dawson had a gown set like this with
the matching bib and burp cloth with his
name and a sailboat. It was the outfit he
wore for his hospital picture. Well, now
Carter has his own with a seersucker whale!
And, of course, Dawson couldn't be left out
so he has the big bro shirt! I can't wait to get
some picture of my boys in these together!
36 Weeks Pregnant with Carter.
Aren't these spring socks and bunny hat
adorable! Nana and Grandad got them for
Carter, and I have them all washed and ready
for him to wear!! I put the bunny in Carter's
crib, but Dawson saw it and he has to keep
"checking on it," as he says. He's really interested
in all of Carter's things, and he said Carter is going
to play with this bunny when he comes out. :)
Our ultrasound tech tried so hard to get a
good picture of Carter's face, but we just
got this picture of the back of his hairy head!
What looks like white fuzz in the middle of the
picture is all of his hair!! This being a picture
of a picture makes it difficult to see, but
soon enough we will be posting pictures of
Carter in our arms!
No comments:
Post a Comment